Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    engine10_iaff12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question How can I clean this stuff !!!!

Hello brothers. I need some input on cleaning stainless steel and diamond plate treadboards. I have tried several methods. As stainless steel bodies age they tend to get what appears to be fading and runs in the metal. I have tried to no avail to clean these "marks" out. I've used several different types of polish. Nothing seems to produce the results I'm trying for. Also, on the diamond plate I have found that Mothers Aluminum Polish works on these, but it is very agonizing work to do by hand. The rags turn to shreads as you clean it. I am looking to find some help from you fellow firefighters. I take a tremendous amount of pride in my truck and want it to have that ultimate shine. Am I beating my head against the wall? Please, give me some suggestions or tips on a better way. Thank You.

------------------
    G.B. Yoho (member)
    IAFF Local #12
    Wheeling Firefighters
    Wheeling, WV.
    Be Alert and Be Safe!!!!

capt311
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

The best stuff i've used on my trucks is eagle-one chrome and aluminum polish apply it by hand then buff it off with a buffer it come's out great kinda hard on the pad but it saves alot of time i've also used mothers it works good too

[This message has been edited by capt311 (edited July 02, 2000).]

FirefighterReed
    Firehouse.com Guest

We use Mothers and being the jr. ff every month I get to make a visit to the station and do a little truck cleaning and polishing. I love this job though.

------------------
    Find em hot......Leave em wet...

Fire Fighters job is never done

engine10_iaff12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Thank you,ffreed and capt311, captain, do you use a high speed buffer,and if so what type of pad are you using?

------------------
    G.B. Yoho (member)
    IAFF Local #12
    Wheeling Firefighters
    Wheeling, WV.
    Be Alert and Be Safe!!!!

capt311
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

What we use is a craftsman high speed buffer with a schlege Pad # 4 the pad is primarly used for polishing. It comes out great matter a fact we just got done cleaning the diamond plate on our trucks it took less then 1.5 hrs not bad for 4 trucks

Thread Information