Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    FeelinGroovy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Support Group for Victims?

Hello! I am not a firefighter; however, my house burned down in January, and I've been trying to find an online support group for fire victims. There are plenty of message boards about depression/anxiety, but I've yet to find one dealing specifically with the feelings one goes through after having lost one's house, possessions, etc. due to fire.

I get so bummed out sometimes and need someone to talk to. My house burned down because I left a candle unattended for about 15 minutes or so, and I still kick myself for being stupid enough to let that happen. People on general anxiety/depression boards aren't really going to understand...

If anyone knows of such a board, please tell me. Thank you!!

P.S. You guys are so appreciated. God bless you all!

JMP17
    Firehouse.com Guest

HI feelingroovy:

Sorry to hear about your situation, we get depressed also after loosing a house . We want more than anything to leave someome a place to call home, but sometimes thats not possible. Don't beat yourself up to much, thats why they call it an accident.The important thing is you and none of our Brothers or Sisters were hurt. Keep your chin up and start over just learn from your mistake, thats all we ask.
    God Bless and good luck.
    If you need to talk we'll always be here!

GOD bless and hold our fallen HEROs
    JMP17

[This message has been edited by JMP17 (edited July 05, 2000).]

firefly1361
    Firehouse.com Guest

Dear FeelinGroovy,
    JMP is right we do feel depressed after we lose someones home. There is nothing worse than seeing someones life that they've worked hard for go up in flames. You may want to contact the fire station in your area for information about support groups. Another option is to contact a counseling center in your area if there is one. They may be able to give you information on online support groups or groups in your town. A third option is to start one of your own. Take care of yourself and dont beat up on yourself. Things happen for a reason weather they are good or bad. Stay Safe

Heather Helm
    Gamber and Community Fire Co
    Carroll County Co.13
    Gamber Maryland

------------------
    "If You go, We go"

URSULAFORHAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Call your local or regional Burn Center. They can refer you to support groups.

---Firefighter Urs

Thread Information