Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Book

Firefighter2000
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb Book

Hello! First off let me say I am not with the department. But I want to be when I get older. I am only 14. I am writing a book now and I needed some real life stories about firefighting. You know stuff about calls,life at the station and things like that. Any and all info. is greatly appreciated. My book is called Second Shift and it is deticated to all the men and women who put their life on the line for ours. In my eyes all you firefighters will always be my hero's. You can post you messages here or email them to me at fire_fighters_2000@yahoo.com Thank you VERY much!!!!

Thank you,
    Ash, one hopeful (future) firefighter

[This message has been edited by Firefighter2000 (edited August 13, 2000).]

Fyrball105
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'll be back, let me go think a little while

Danny Beebe
    Firehouse.com Guest

Where do we send these stories to? And will you tell how to get a copy of the book when it is ready ?

------------------

Firefighter2000
    Firehouse.com Guest

ok. Now it has been a while and only 2 people have emailed me with some info. as much as I appreciated it, I need some more stories. Please help!!!!!

------------------
    Firefighters America's Hero's

JMP17
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Sounds great little future Brother!
    I'll send you a good one or maybe two, hope it helps out!
    Follow your dreams little Bro. there's a calling in your future!!
    JMP17

Firefighter2000
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks JMP17 I hope to hear from you soon. By the way it's not bro. it's sis. just thought I would tell you. Thanks and hope to hear from everyone else too!

------------------

JMP17
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

OOOPs sorry! I hate when I do that! My apoligies little Sister.
    JMP17

Firefighter2000
    Firehouse.com Guest

I can't belive it! I have not had ONE story. Come on peoples I know you have something/anything to tell me!

------------------

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

With a spirit like hers, I am sure that God gave her a promotion already...

When I am called to duty God
    wherever flames may rage
    give me strength to save a life
    whatever be its age

Help me to embrace a little child
    before it is too late
    or save an older person from
    the horror of that fate

Enable me to be alert
    to hear the weakest shout
    and quickly and efficiently
    to put the fire out

I want to fill my calling and
    to give the best in me
    to guard my neighbour and
    protect his property

And if according to your will
    I have to lose my life
    bless with your protecting hand
    my loving family from strife

I never met you Ashley, but all of us here will miss you.

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."

[This message has been edited by daysleeper47 (edited October 09, 2000).]

SRVFD2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Thanks Daysleeper for that memorial to Ashley. All I can add is AMEN!!! And I'm sure she's now an angel who will be there to protect we firefighters!

FireBabe
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It is so tragic to hear of the loss of any life - especially one at such a young age and with so much that she was offering to the community.

In memory of the girl who posted the 200th message in recognition of where we are all from and in support of a day to recognise firefighters' worldwide I propose that we all wear our red and blue ribbons this week. (See http://www.futureweb.com.au/edmondson/menu_iffd.html )

My sincerest condolences to one of our own ... In memory of Ash.

------------------
    Lt JJ Edmondson
    Clyde Cardinia Fire Brigade
    Victoria, AUSTRALIA

I walk where the fire dances

International Firefighters' Day:
    http://www.futureweb.com.au/edmondson

Administrator

Dear Forum Posters

For the last day we have worked to verify the information in the posts by Ashley and her 'parents' that has consumed several threads.

Unfortunately, as happens on the Internet, the story has been found to be untrue...at least the tragic details.

After considerable research, we talked to Ashley's mother this evening who wanted to apologize to everyone on the forums for the energy that has been spent.

The young lady is indeed interested in the fire service and is an ace student, according to her mom, who wants to write books and be in the fire department.

However, she has not lost a brother to fire nor, thankfully, was she killed in a drunk driving accident last weekend. She is alive and well, which we hope everyone will be grateful for. Except for those details -- important as they may be -- the vast majority of her posts we believe were honest and sincere.

We are sorry this has happened, but as you know the Internet is somewhat of an anonymous
    place. We are very thankful that this was not some elaborate hoax, but merely an very
    enthusiastic young lady who may have been trying to find a way to quit posting on the forums with a very unfortunately worded story. Her parents had requested she not post after something similiar happened in the past, according to her mother.

Her mother assures us she has the best intentions and by her writing will certainly excel in that endeavor in the future. We expect a letter from Ashley sometime in the next few days to all posters.

Thanks for everyone's continued support. Despite this being false, had it been true you showed the incredible family that exists in the Firehouse.com Forums and what is possible for everyone to come together for a single cause ... we just hope you won't be deterred from responding and helping others in the future.

We'll assure you, just as we have done in this case, to check out any extraordinary requests or posts as quickly as possible.

Thanks
    Firehouse.Com WebTeam

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited October 13, 2000).]

Thread Information