ilikefyre
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Why is it.......

i just have to ask why is it that a minute a car see's a fire truck with lights and sirens going behind them that the first thing that they do is slam on the on the brakes?????

[This message has been edited by ilikefyre (edited August 15, 2000).]

fighting57th
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

its the old lights in the deer eyes syndrom
    or the "what do i do george what do i do " syndrom . all i know is that it makes me so mad i could spit nails we have had people speed up just to stay ahead of us so they dont have to stop our trucks are governed at 65 mph by the way all of our calls are on roads that are 55mph no city streets it would be nice to have a remote control to use on cars like that just hit the button and they move to the shoulder out of the way well hope this helps oh and that is a good question

MAN27
    Firehouse.com Guest

I know what thats like!! Our Dept had a med call one suuny afternoon during a Haz-Mat response and we came upon a traffic jam with lights and sirens I wailed the air horn to alert other cars. the car in front of the rescue unit didn't move until i got ****ed off and actually get out and tell him to move!! his excuse was that the reason he didn't pull over was "HE DIDN'T SEE OR HEAR A THING" Ha dumbass!!

------------------
    ALWAYS WEAR YOUR FULL GEAR NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF CALL IT IS!

Thread Information