MAN27
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Did you ever wonder...

Ever wonder why most calls are just as you are sitting down at the supper table? Or when ever a call comes through for a vollunteer its mostly at about 2 in the morning during a kickass dream you'll never have again? Or when you get called out to save a life in a 10-84 duringa blizzard and the firehall parking lot isn't plowed out? Or you cant start your car when TRYING to respnd to a major structure fire. When you are on the john!

------------------
    ALWAYS WEAR YOUR FULL GEAR NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF CALL IT IS!

Firefighter2000
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Yes I have noticed that. I think less accidents would occure is firefighters and EMS never ate. Every time we sit down to eat or we are in the middle of eating we always get an accident call. And it is usually one were when you come back you never want to think of food again. Weird how that works huh?

Chandler Vol. Fire Dept.

------------------
    Firefighters America's Hero's

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Sure fire(no pun intended) way for my department to have a structure fire is for my wife to cook a roast - been batting 100 on that one the last few months.
    Or on the really cold Alaska winter nights I forget to plug my car in.
    Not ot mention the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay Safe

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

The mysterious way in which a pager knows when the dinner is ready, the first pint has just been pulled, a good film has just started or 'er in doors' has just nibbled your ear. It must be able to pick up certain signals that we give off and reacts just to annoy us. The wonders of science, it's beyond me.

------------------
    Kindest regards & keep safe,

Sprinkle (UK)

kevlar
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

or how about when you are on a date ?

gandalf49
    Firehouse.com Guest

How about just when you are ready to take a shower or bath. Seems to never fail there or the people who have been feeling terrible since about noon but wait until 2 AM to call because they haven't gotten any better. Or why is it whenever you get to the house the patient has to go to the bathroom befire packaging them for transport??

------------------
    gandalf49

caza_28
    Firehouse.com Guest

i dont know why to all, but you are correct in every wy.

brent big piney vol. fire dept

smokeyben1
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have 2 that happen so regular it is weird, when i'm about 3 sips into a cup of tea and when I am either busting or just sat on the john.

lpfd519
    Firehouse.com Guest

There is a group of firefighter/full time college students who all live in on-campus housing. We used to meet every Saturday morning in my room for breakfast, usually consisted of huge omlets, french toast, ect... I guarantee you, every time the eggs were poured in to the skillet, the pagers would tone. AHHH!!! Our solution, we haven't had breakfast like that since last spring.

Stay safe...

Melissa Wood
    Lincoln Parish Fire Protection District No.1

prussik745
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Here's one for ya! Every time my Bat. Chief and I decide to have hot wings for dinner, we have a structure fire. Once it even happened 3 times in one day. I called him first thing in the morning to suggest wings. The same time I called we were toned out for a brush fire, later in the day I called again, and we got toned out for a room in contents, then that night when he picked them up we had a garage fire. Talk about eerie!

Stay low and take care!

Fire29_1999
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is freaky how that works but for the one who asked about the date,if he/she waits for you to finish the call you know you have a good one.
    stay safe

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Never fails, wife makes a roast-the tones go off.

FISH
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

I THINK IT HAS GOT SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE PAGER HAVING ESP. OR SOMETHING,
    THE ONE I LIKE IS WHEN YOU ARE JUST ABOUT TO PUT SOME CONCRETE INTO A HOLE WHILE WORKING AND YOU GET BACK TO A WHEEL BARROW THAT CAN ONLY BE USED AS A BOAT ANCHOR????

F52 Westside
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I think they are putting artifical noses in some of them with smell recognition software... HeHeHe

------------------
    Eddie C. - a.k.a - PTFD21
    Local 3008
    "Doin' it for lives n' property"

firefly1361
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

It always tends to happen when mom makes a really good homecooked meal or when we either cook dinner or order food out at the station.

Take care and Stay safe

Heather

------------------
    "If You go, We go"

Thread Information