Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Nathan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Unusual, interesting and different calls

How many departments regularly attend calls that would be considered 'out of the ordinary' for a fire service?
    My station (75 Berowra, New South Wales Fire Brigades) receives training in and attends calls to catch snakes in homes and yards. We attend up to 4 a day, and snakes we catch include the tiger snake, death adder and brown snake, which are among the most dangerous and deadly in the world (2 are in the top 5).

[This message has been edited by Nathan (edited September 20, 2000).]

SRVFD2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Glad it's you and not me!!!!! You make our routine calls sound wonderful!!!!

BOMBERODAVE
    Firehouse.com Guest

WELL WE GET CALLED OUT FOR RATTLERS, AND BOIDES THAT ARE ON THE LOOSE(PYTHONS, BOAS)( I HAVE TWO OF THEM AS PETS SO THEY DON'T BOTHER ME) . BUT AS FAR AS ADDERS AND BROWNS WELL MY FRIEND BETTER YOU THAN ME, THOSE ARE SOME LEAN, MEAN REPTILES.
    BUT I'M SURE THEY TASTE AS GOOD AS THE RATTLER??????

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Once while with a volunteer department in Florida, we got toned out at 12:30 AM on a Saturday for a "snake in the house" - only person responded was our Chief!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hate snakes with a passion! Better you than me!
    Used to have to be careful at the Air Force FD I worked there.Hadto keep your bunkers off the floor or you were liable to find a rattler or water moccasin in them.

Thread Information