Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOMBERODAVE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question E-ONE "AMERICAS FIRE TRUCK"????????

I WOULD LIKE A SHOW OF HANDS, OK POST YOUR OPINION ON THIS PILE OF CRAP(E-ONE) DOES IT LEAK, RATTLE, SHIMMY, DROP IT'S SCREWS AFTER SHUTTING THE DOORS. LET'S HEAR ABOUT IT. I'M SURE JUST ABOUT EVERY ONE HAS ONE (COME ON THEY ARE ALLWAYS LOW BID ) I ALSO WOULD LIKE FOR EVERYONE TO CHECK OUT CODE3.COM ON THEIR MESSAGE BOARD AND YOU WILL FIND A POEM CALLED ODE TO E-ONE WICH KIND OF GOT ME STARTED ON THIS
    ENJOY!

E-ONE "AMERICAS FIRE TRUCK" "NOT BY CHOICE"!

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

I gotta get out of this business.

[This message has been edited by daysleeper47 (edited September 22, 2000).]

CAPTAIN WHO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

Bomberodave

1st your in the wrong forum for this. "Meet and Greet" not whine and snivel.

2nd the site is code3.net

3rd sure they have issues. Reading some of the following posts the issues people have is not with E-1 but the auxillary equipment. Pump, commercial chassis.

I've worked with many Customs various brands and they all have issues. If you have to repair something fix it right. From the sounds of it your rig is well past due for a good maintenance check.

My 2 bits only.

Fyrball105
    Firehouse.com Guest

Agrees with the Capt. we have an e-one, been in service about 4 years, just bought 2nd e-one, only trouble we had was with comm. chassis, NOT the E-one bodies>>> I believe E-one makes quality trucks

BOMBERODAVE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

OK HERE GOES!
    FIRST OF ALL CAPT.? THERE ARE MANY OTHER POSTS THAT DON'T BELONG (UNIT #'S, TRAINING IDEAS,DASHLIGNTS,ECT....)BUT NO WHERE DO I SEE YOU CUTTING THE PERSON DOWN, OR TELL THEM THE POST DOES NOT BELONG, SO HERE I MUST BELIEVE YOU HAVE A PERSONAL PROBLEM WITH ME, OR MY POST???? IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT OR WHERE I POST HERE ARE MY SOLUTIONS FOR MY POST
    1.DON'T REPLY. I ASKED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAD PROBLEMS WITH E-ONE, NOT WITH ME OR MY POST.
    2.THERE IS A BUTTON NEAR THE ADDRESS BAR THAT CAUSES THE PREVIOUS WINDOW TO REAPPEAR, USE IT! HERE IS THE GREATEST PART OF THIS IT'S FREE.
    4.I UNDERSTAND THIS SIGHT IS A FREE SIGHT, (1ST AMMENDMENT AND ALL, DON'T KNOW OR CARE ABOUT CANADA CAUSE I AM NOT FROM THERE.)
    BUT "IF YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED SHOW A LITTLE YOURSELF".
    NOW I KNOW I STRUCK A FEW OTHERS WITH THIS REPLY,MY APOLOGIES. IN THE IMORTAL WORDS OF R.KING "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG".
    AGAIN I ASK IF YOU HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH E-ONE VEHICLES, I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR.
    AND PLEASE DON'T READ INTO THE QUESTION AS THE PERSON MENTIONED ABOVE.
    THANK YOU.

[This message has been edited by BOMBERODAVE (edited September 22, 2000).]

NCOTS
    Firehouse.com Guest

The only thing that we buy is E-One's. We have had very good service out of them. Our pumper is 10 years old and it is still in good shape. If you keep them up, they will last.

klingerjr33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Personally I'd rather have a PIERCE over an E-ONE anyday.

just my 2 cents

Ladder Man
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

They should change the name to E- JUNK

firefly1361
    Firehouse.com Guest

I agree with klingerjr33 I'd rather have a Pierce

Heather

------------------
    "If You go, We go"

braggcapt
    Firehouse.com Guest

We've had a fair number of problems with our E-One pumper also. I miss the American LaFrances I started out with (circa 1975). I think it comes down to that same old story, they don't build anything like they used to. I also think most modern apparatus are too complicated.

BOMBERODAVE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I AGREE THEY DON'T BUILD THEM LIKE THEY USED TO.(WORKED ON A 73 ALF IT RULED)
    BUT ABOVE ALL PIERCE IS THE BEST TODAY!!!
    THANKS FOR THE INFO. EVERYONE.

kmnader
    Firehouse.com Guest

I agree E-ONE is garbage. We have had so many problems with out E-ONE it is not even funny.

Kris

Untouchables21
    Firehouse.com Guest

I would have to agree. The company I just left had a 1989 E-one hush. Greatest looking truck I have seem in a while, but the problems were numerous. The extended roof leaked, we had too many electrical problems to list, and many quality control issues. But when it did work right, what a great truck. The dept. I just joined has all Pierces, and they seem pretty happy with them. But I am sure that you can have problems with any truck....

ChiefJTL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Just my view,

E-One has a large share of the market and some of their equipment has proven to be good. However, in my experience with Pirsch, Mack, Seagrave,Pierce, KME, and so on, E-one is about miday down. They are trying to get too big too fast and that hurts quality.

------------------
    "Stay in the House"

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Sure let's just bash E-ONE, Stop now you made me mad. The City of Monrovia Fire Department use to have four Engine Compnasy two were active two were reserve and placed in a regular rotation with othewr units. Guess what thewre not Pierce, not Seagrave Not ALF but EMERGENCY ONE, Engine 104 was a 1976 E-ONE this is the YEAR 2000, That is a 26 year old Firetruck we had in service for awhile while our waited for our New Hackey Rescue Truck to be deilverd she ran like a charm. We had to retire her though. E-ONES ARE NOT BAD We have three Engine Companys there all E-ONES plus not everyone can affoard something fancy and nice like an ALF Sierra Madre FD one the only Volunteer Fire Department in LA County not a big department E-41 1999 E-ONE

------------------
    Tim Macias
    TMacias@Firehousemail.com
    Engine 101

pipemen
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

HI, Must be your maintance dept. we have 4 e-ones a 1977 pumper, 1980 mini pumper, a 1988 pumper and the new one is a 1995 yes you guest a E-One. we love em and would not buy another type. Yes the 1977 is old and going to be replaced soon. Tim

firecap4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

My station has two E-ones, a '98 engine and an '86 rear-mount ladder; for a total of 9 in our department with one more being built. We have had very good luck with ours, only small routine gripes that we have had with ANY brand we have used. You want to talk junk? Ever heard of a JACO (Jack Cocke & Co.)? Biggest rust buckets you ever saw, and we still have two in reserve.

mark440
    Firehouse.com Guest

Pierce anyday over E-1 !

*Just my opinion though

Mark

------------------
    If in doubt - Call us out

Skidz
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

Well All i have to say is that I do not promote the purchase of E-one nor do I enjoy the idea that My department buys them. I was born and raised on the best in the Midwest PEIRCE. Appleton, Wisconcin

SKIDZZ

------------------
    PROUD, PROFESSIONAL, PROGRESSIVE

Montgomery County Division Of Fire/Rescue Services
    esfpd444@starpower.net

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

I would rather push a Pierce than drive an E-One!!

Be kind to the enviroment!! Recycle your E-One into Beer Cans!!!!!!!

------------------
    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Thread Information