Corvin
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Department Adoption

I have seen in the different trade journals several cases where a fire department has "adopted" another. Usually a larger, career dept "adopting" a smaller, volunteer dept with limited resources.

Recently I have had the privilege and misfortune to find myself at the helm of a smaller dept with very limited resources. We are not always able to provide satisfactory turnout gear or apparatus. Any ideas on where a smaller dept would begin looking for a well healed "big brother"?

Thanks for your time

Chris Justice
    Chief
    Tiffin Fire/Rescue
    Tiffin, IA

SRVFD2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Been there- done that, so to speak. That's the way we started. Check first with neighboring depts. - they very well may be throwing away, or stashing in a corner, things that you could really use!! As far as looking for a "well-healed" big brother, all I can say is Good Luck!! And Good Luck to your department!

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Chief,

Log on to www.emergencygrapevine.com there is a message board there titled "Adopt a Fire Department"
    Best to you.

FireRebel
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Good Day fellow Iowan, not alot advice to give but stay in the game and keep fighting, Stay Safe

Thread Information