Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    BISCUIT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face Friday the 13th? Bad day or imagination!

Ok here's something to think about, and I want to know how you all feel. Its Friday the 13th and Halloween is just around the corner. Are you superstious? Well I guess you might say I am or I have just learned my leason. It always seems to me that bad things happen and you are much busier on days like these. Is it true? Does it really make a difference? Well just think back to some of the nights that you've worked when there's a full moon. Well I just figured since I have to work tonight and on Halloween, I just wanted to see how many others were anticipating a busy night.

Be safe..and be....Lucky?

niccolec
    Firehouse.com Guest

Today was a good day mentally but alot more than usual in the MVA area.

bigmamamedic1
    Firehouse.com Guest

I wish, I think it depends on where you are.
    It has been slowed than black tarry mud around here.
    I guess that's good, less paperwork.

CFD14
    Firehouse.com Guest

It was a pretty good day here. I only had to page for one vehicle fire at 21:50 so I still got some sleep after returning to quarters. And no I'm not superstitious.

CVFD26
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Friday the 13th was pretty unlucky here. There was a sasuage factory that cought fire. This fire was ouside of town and it needed a HUGE tanker shuttle to contain. There was a 1500 gallon anhydreis Ammonia tank that we had to keep cool. All in all there was 16 depts. and 106 firefighters there on scene. My dept was paged at aprx.2:30pm and we didnt get home til after 1am. We got paged back out there the next night and where there from 10pm to 5am because a dumb ***** wanna be HAZ_MAT man wouldnt get his act togeather and tell us what to do with the anhydris.

George Hagerty
    firefighter
    Columbus Vol. FD and Hickman Co. Fire/Rescue Squad

CVFD26
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Friday the 13th was pretty unlucky here. There was a sasuage factory that cought fire. This fire was ouside of town and it needed a HUGE tanker shuttle to contain. There was a 1500 gallon anhydreis Ammonia tank that we had to keep cool. All in all there was 16 depts.(1 from almost an hour away) and 106 firefighters there on scene. My dept was paged at aprx.2:30pm and we didnt get home til after 1am. We got paged back out there the next night and where there from 10pm to 5am because a dumb ***** wanna be HAZ_MAT man wouldnt get his act togeather and tell us what to do with the anhydris.

George Hagerty
    firefighter
    Columbus Vol. FD and Hickman Co. Fire/Rescue Squad

pipeline
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Friday the 13th was almost a quiet day here until 8 oclock when our technical rescue team was hit out for a deck collapse. this was a two story deck with several people on it luckly out of 7 injuries there were none more serious that a compound wrist fracture. we were out there for several hours to stabalize the deck not a good end to an almost good friday the 13th

------------------
    the views expressed here in no way reflect the feelings of any organizations that i belong to

Thread Information