Thread: Online courses

ChiefJTL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking Online courses

I am looking for information on internet online courses for fire science, etc. My troops want to know so I thought I would ask.

------------------
    "Stay in the House"

heibs99
    Firehouse.com Guest

You may want to check with the University of Cinncinatti, they may have what you are looking for. I know they do correspondence classes.

Heibs

SRVFD2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

KY is offering 6 basic 2-hour basic ff classes to assist new firefighters in getting some of the required hours of the 150 hours needed to be certified. (Degree classes not yet on-line) Although this was set up to assist those of us in KY, I have heard that there is even someone from China taking the class. You'll have to send me an e-mail for the best web address to get started, or go to kyvu.org and work your way through it. I wanted to try them out myself before recommending them to our new recruits. Although it will never replace the important hands-on training, it covers some really good material.

sponge
    Firehouse.com Guest

Try FEMA (www.fema.gov). The USFA has some self study and online courses.
    Also, Texas A&M has a couple of courses.

Diane
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Rochester Institute of Technology and Uni. of Maryland have programs, as well.

Brtengr
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Ilinois Fire Service Institute is starting an on-line FF2 course. Several month class. Sounds like a good deal, but too expensive for my tastes. Their website is: http://www.uiuc.edu/unit/IFSI/

I think the University of Maryland also has some distance learning Fire Protection Engineering classes

Lee

Thread Information