Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: New but old

FirstDue
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking New but old

Hello to all the brothers out there. I find myself coming back to Firehouse. I am the Supervising Fire Marshal in a city in the Southeast and have decided to give that post up to join a department as a firefighter. INSANE? No, just longing for the days of rolling out the door to calls. I spent 10 years doing that before going to the Fire Marshals. 1 year later I got promoted. To put it mildly, I despised it. Nothing compares to firefighting. I am second generation and look forward to some good discussion.

------------------

<B Strike the Box

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey FirstDue, (I love the name by the way), welcome to the Firehouse. Hope to see around.

--One quick question(and all that see this can respond as well). I am not a firefighter as some of you know, so I am curious...what is a fire marshall?

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."

FirstDue
    Firehouse.com Guest

As the Chief Fire Marshal I was responsible for all investugations and Inspections.

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ok, thanks FirstDue. I don't think we have them in my area. We have inspectors, but I don't believe they are called Marshals. I thought that was what you did. Again, welcome.

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."

Thread Information