Thread: New Arrival

Brandon_South_Africa
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile New Arrival

Hi.......I've just registered here and hope to be happy! Thanks

jalbritt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Welcome Brandon hope you enjoy the forums. John H Albritton Fire Chief Retd. Sarasota Florida

Brandon_South_Africa
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Thanks Nice to meet you

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

greetings and welcome aboard the Forum and I am sure that you will meet a lot of new contacts on this site. If you need any info then just ask away because you have access to a world of knowledge here.

------------------
    Kindest regards & keep safe,

Sprinkle (UK)
    www.crowthorneinfo.co.uk

Brandon_South_Africa
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Thanks for the welcome......

i have posted something under Training!

Thanks Again

SRVFD2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Welcome!! Can you give us all an education on firefighting in South Africa??? I'd sure like to know about it.

Colin Fraser
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Welcome Brandon to the forums.

You will discover many friends and contacts from all over the world and learn new tricks and tactics.

Stay safe and hear from you some time.

Colin

------------------

Brandon_South_Africa
    Firehouse.com Guest

thanks again Guys

We have municipal and industrial brigades...the municipal guys have more to do with structural fire fighting I am involved with Rail Related HazMats and Wildfires. South African brigades are going through a phase of severely restricted funds, staffing levels etc. We are currently also in a phase of transition from the HMS doctrine to the IFSTA/FPP methodology. Our country is also currently engaged with a Qualifications Standards program for every conceivable field of employee activity and we also have to adjust our training standards to take this into account.

We battle to acquire proper equipment, our local currency trades very weakly on the internaional markets and shipping costs really contribute to exorbitant prices.

We operate with skeleton staff and have to come up with innovative ideas to operate within the confines of Internationally accepted SOP's although we prefer using SOG's know.

Let me know what else you would like know....and thanks again.

Brandon

bigmamamedic1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Welcome to the forum Brandon.
    Hope you enjoy it, I do.

smokeyben1
    Firehouse.com Guest

G,day from down under Brandon, it is a great spot to peruse as you get meet and talk and learn many things thru this medium. My service is still finalizing competency based curiculums set to national and international standards and has been an absolute pain but the good thing with it is if I leave this job I now have a qualification that is recognised nationally and will allow employment in related fields. Stay safe Smokey.

Thread Information