Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    The Heart Behind the Hero
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Tonight ... Let's Remember All of Our Fallen

As most of you know, tonight at 8:00 pm, CBS news anchor, Dan Rather will do a special report on the tragic deaths of the six Worcester firefighters who lost their lives on December 3, 1999.

The "Worcester Six": Paul A. Brotherton, Jeremiah M. Lucey, Timothy P. Jackson, Joseph T. McGuirk, Thomas E. Spencer and James F. Lyons III Ö will always be remembered and held dear to our hearts. They stand as a symbol of honor, courage and heroism and represent the brother- and sister-hood of firefighters throughout the nation Ö and the world.

As you remember them tonight, and the families they left behind, please take the time to remember all of our brothers and sisters who gave their lives in the line-of-duty.

Our book, "The Heart Behind the Hero", includes a heartfelt Tribute to our Fallen including a Roll of Honor listing all fallen firefighters as recognized by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (1981-1999).

We would like to share the following excerpt in remembrance of all those who lost a brother or sister in the line-of-duty:

"Choose to think of him as a hero in death and I will tell you that he was a hero in life. Use Joe's memory for sadness, and I will use it to comfort his family and my brothers and sisters that must continue to wait. Continue pouring out sympathy until it becomes a faint trickle and I will still be here waiting for your next call."

Written by: Jon McDuffie, Los Angeles City Firefighter
    In memory of fallen L.A. City Firefighter Joseph Dupee
    Excerpted from: "The Heart Behind the Hero"

May God bless you all.

Regards,

Curt & Karen Yoder
    Co-authors, "The Heart Behind the Hero"

morriss
    Firehouse.com Guest

Amen.

Thread Information