Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: New to this

snowball
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool New to this

Hello Brothers and Sisters, I'm new to this
    site. I've been crusin around it for a couple of days before I decided to reg.Anyway I'm
    a 9 year veteran of this noble profession,
    made Engineer 6 years ago, am patiently waiting for a Captain to retire so I can get on with it. Ha Glad to be here.

superzig311
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Well, I'm a new guy to all of this. While my entire family has been in it, it's my turn up to bat. My little brother and I are 5th generation, so I kinda have an idea about this line of work. Welcome to the site, they have some great stuff here.
    -Zig

pokeyfd12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome Snowball from my corner of the country, New York

This is a great forum for information and gets addicting sometimes. Plenty of extremely knowledgeable people here and the ideas are fantastic.

Hope to see some ideas from you.

Peace and stay safe brother

Rescue Lt. Kevin C. (aka Pokey)

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Snowball, welcome from a "civie". I have been here since May contrary to what the sidebar on the right says and love this place. These guys are the family I never wanted but got stuck with...haha. Great place to learn and express some ideas. I am only in college but hope to join a department after college and these folks have helped me decide a lot of my future career choices and point me in the right direction.... sheesh, now you guys have me crying, aww, I love this place...YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! :_)

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
    "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

The views expressed above are almost fully expressed as sarcasm and need not be taken as fact. I did not cry.

Grumman41
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome from the other side of the Country. Alaska. This IS a great place, you can learn alot here, and maybe teach others also. Enjoy

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Hi Snowball, welcome aboard and greetings from over the 'Pond'. I am sure that you will settle in quickly and enjoy the site. Many contacts to be made and info to be gain or passed on. Have fun and join in

------------------
    Kindest regards & keep safe,

Sprinkle (UK)
    www.crowthorneinfo.co.uk

First-Due
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Welcome Snowball,This is my 1st reply on this web site,I have been a Firehouse Magazine Subsciber for 16yrs. and just got my first home computer.Anyways we surf this site at our Dept. daily.I think it is the best site around.

arffa8
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Snowball welcome from Missouri, This site has alot of great stuff and the knowledge I have picked up has been priceless. Continue checking this site regularly and I am sure you are bound to learn something

duerr2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome from Iowa...

I've had some interesting converstations and have learned lots of interesting things!!! Stay safe!

Aerial 131
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Welcome to all the fun. If you are having a bad day remember this is where you go to play with all the big toys.

Safe extra safe and get everyone to scene in one piece.

Zimm

snowball
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks to all of you who replied, I really get a kick out of this! How many other professions can you name where you can feel
    like a true family. My family and me were traveling down the Interstate on a holiday weekend when we happend upon a stranded motorist,I pulled over to help because I noticed the IAFF sticker on the back window.
    In less than 10 minutes no less than 4 other
    Brothers stopped too!! We worked as a team and got the retired Captain going again, even though the six of us had never met before.
    That is just one example of the commitment that this profession instills upon us. It has been a true pleasure working at this.
    Anyway, enough with the blubbering LET THE GAMES BEGIN!! Snowball out!!

Thread Information