Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: EMT state exam

EMT-Rookie
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking EMT state exam

I am taking the EMT exam on January 3rd. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this test.

BBoucheyFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Don't fail . Seriously im taking the State Exam and Practical in the next few weeks too. I feel im ready for it but im still a little nervous.

Good Luck.

------------------
    All opinions are my own and have nothing to do with any agencies i belong to.

EMT-Rookie
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Originally posted by BBoucheyFD:
    Don't fail . Seriously im taking the State Exam and Practical in the next few weeks too. I feel im ready for it but im still a little nervous.

Good Luck.
    I feel the same way you do. i feel i am ready, but very nervous. I just hope when the results come in the mail my certification card is with it.
    Good Luck

FireRebel
    Firehouse.com Guest

Study- Study- Study....be confident and you should be fine, good luck, let us know how you do.....

McpFF
    Firehouse.com Guest

As FireRebel said "Study, Study, Study"
    Remember your defib and meds protocols, like weight & age, BP for nitro, are the meds prescribed for that pt., that kind of stuff. You will do fine.
    Who sponsored your class?

BBoucheyFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I'm not sure what you mean by who sponsored the class. But my fire department pays for the whole thing. My class started out with about 20 people, we are now down to 12. Its funny to see how many people go into the class thinking its going to be a cake walk.

Good luck to everyone who is taking the test next month and let me know how it goes.

------------------
    All opinions are my own and have nothing to do with any agencies i belong to.

EMT-Rookie
    Firehouse.com Guest

I want to thank everyone for wishing me luck and giving me hints about what I should look out for. I will let everyone know how I do, and good luck to everyone else who is taking it.

EMT-Rookie
    Firehouse.com Guest

I took my class at Union County College and the squad paid for my course.
    Originally posted by McpFF:
    As FireRebel said "Study, Study, Study"
    Remember your defib and meds protocols, like weight & age, BP for nitro, are the meds prescribed for that pt., that kind of stuff. You will do fine.
    Who sponsored your class?
    [/QUOTE]

superzig311
    Firehouse.com Guest

Make sure you read the questions all the way through. I know here in IL, the state tests are all messed up. Are you taking the medic or -B test? I start medic school out here in Chicagoland next month.

EMT-Rookie
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am taking the EMT-B test. It is a 100 multiple choice questions, are practical was done throughout the class itself. Good luck in Medic School.

Originally posted by superzig311:
    Make sure you read the questions all the way through. I know here in IL, the state tests are all messed up. Are you taking the medic or -B test? I start medic school out here in Chicagoland next month.[/QUOTE]

rsqswmr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Good luck to you. I have to take the state test here on the 26th. I took the national registry and if it it anything like that study your OB, pt assessment, vitals, information systems, and airway managment. Those couple of things were about 75% or the test.

rsqswmr

------------------
    So others may live.

craiggEMT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Well you should receive your results in weeks. Good luck to all of you. A large envelope is a good thing .

Stay Safe, Stay Alive!!

Thread Information