Diane
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation Conversation piece...

Check out the story in The Three Village Herald......
    http://www.threevillages.com/herald/

I love the picture -- from what I heard about the fire, the guys with the hoseline were firefighters.....

Love the gear!!!

axman
    Firehouse.com Guest

what a photo, its bad enough that the hose team had no gear or scba but they are operating in the collapse zone, the chief or safety officer should have never have let this happen! Thats the kind of operation where someones gets really hurt or killed.

------------------
    STAY SAFE ALL OF MY BROTHERS.

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

The following idiots need to be publicly flogged immediately:

-The I/C of the operation, for allowing this to occur
    -The Safety officer, if there was one (I/C gets a second flogging if there was no I/C)
    -The fire Chief of the company that Larry, Darryl and Darryl are members of, for not ensuring they use their gear.
    -The uniformed firefighters in the photo for not saying anything to Larry, Darryl and Darryl.....If I were one of them, I would have at the least said something to them if I didn't pick up the line they were on.

Larry, Darryl and Darryl don't deserve to be flogged.....Apparently they are too stupid to understand what they did. Punishing them would be paramount to kicking a puppy.

------------------
    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

christy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

How sad that in this day and age,we are still seeing things like this. Maybe someone's chief should make a polite phone call to that departments training officer. Perhaps offer to share some training manuals with them.....who knows,might keep a few more firfighters alive. Any takers out there in chief land? *S*

SRVFD2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

Our volunteers are getting a session on Personal Protective Equipment Monday eve - I'm going to try to copy this picture to show them. It is definitely worth 1000 words!! SOOOOOO SAD!!!!!! :O(

Chris309
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

It's bad enough stuff like that still goes on, but they need to glorify it by publishing a photo? If you don't have gear, go pump the truck, flake some hose out or get lost!

------------------
    -------------------------
    Chris

LEGAL MUMBO-JUMBO: Any and all views I've expressed above and on this site are not representative of my department. They are my personal opinions and views. If my department knew the stuff I was spewing out here, they would disavow any knowledge of me anyway. LOL...Stay Safe

Diane
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Thanks for the comments thus far.....To add to the story -- it was on the front page of the newspaper in full color!!

Thread Information