Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    FLAME5
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool IS THERE ANY HERPETOCULTURISTS AROUND HERE?

I AM LOOKING FOR ANY FIREFIGHTERS OR MEDICS WHO ARE INTO HERPETOCULTURE (KEEPS REPTILES AS PETS). I HAVE ONLY ONE BOA (HAD A FEW OTHERS, ALONG WITH A DIAMONDBACK) I ONLY HAVE A HOGG ISLAND BOA (PEARL)
    PEARL IS ABOUT 8 FT. LONG AND ABOUT 5 YEARS OLD.
    I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE IS INTO THESE WONDERFUL PETS. HEY MABEY THEY WILL TAKE OVER THE DALMATION

[This message has been edited by FLAME5 (edited 01-05-2001).]

Captain Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Our pet menagerie includes two dogs, a cat and a giant Madagascar Day Gecko (like the one in the GEICO insurance commercials)..does that count?

------------------
    And on the eighth day...God created Firefighters!
    Captain Gonzo

FLAME5
    Firehouse.com Guest

YES, IT DOES.
    ALLRIGHT THEIR IS ONE.
    I HAVE BEEN WANTING A GECKO BUT DON'T KNOW WICH TO GET. I KINDA LIKE THE TOKAY THEY HAVE PERSONALITY.
    THNAKS GONZ!

SteamTrain
    Firehouse.com Guest

NOPE, I've seen lots of good snakes though! They are the flat ones in the middle of the road!! Some of us jest ain't cut out for that kind of hobby.

Cyra6182
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

I had a beautiful Ball Python a few years ago until my boyfriend moved in with me. He didn't mind having the snake, however, his mom was deathly afraid of them. I had an unlimited supply of free food from a local gerbil farm I used to work at. Unfortunatly, they sold the business and keeping a breeding pair was not a good idea for a small apartment.
    I used to walk around with him around my neck, allowing my daughters friends handle him. Boy, you have got me thinking about getting another snake!

FLAME5
    Firehouse.com Guest

GO FOR IT!
    I RECOMMEND THE BOA (COMMON)ANOTHER BALL IS GOOD TO THEY SAY THEY ARE PROBLEM FEEDERS, I HAD ONE I NEVER NOTICED.
    BECIDES IT KEEPS THE INLAWS AWAY(ALLWAYS A PLUS!!!!!)
    I WAS RECENTLY OFFERED A THAI COBRA (NOT INDIAN).
    MY WIFE WOULD NOT HAVE IT!, AND I NEEDED TO GET A PERMIT! GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS SUCKS SOMETIMES

[This message has been edited by FLAME5 (edited 01-07-2001).]

PVFD51
    Firehouse.com Guest

SteamTrain and I are cut from the same mold. For some reason whenever I cross paths with 'ol sneaky snake it takes an electric shock to get my heart back into proper rhythym. In no way am I knocking people that choose to keep snakes as pets but a herpetoculturist I am not.

Thread Information