ttjjss
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking Hello Brother & Sister Firefighters.

Hello everyone,
    ive been viewing this site for a while and finally decided to register.
    I am a captain on the Weiner Vol. Fire & Rescue Dept. in Weiner, Arkansas. www.fire-ems.net/firedept/view/WeinerAR
    i have been wearing out this puter the last 2 years since i started getting us ready for an ISO rerating, we are a 7 and should go to a 5 at least, I just love all the paperwork, lol. I am also the Arkansas coordinator for Helping Our Own, www.helpingourown.com ,
    good organization that finds surplus& older equipment and gear and gets it donated to small underfunded and startup fire departments around the USA. I ask everyone to check and see if they have any surplus equip or gear and also let us know if you know of a dept that needs help. right now i have 2 newly started depts within 50 miles
    of me and they are starting from scratch, need everything.
    well enough stumping for now, I look forward to talking with everyone.
    thanks, Tyler Sitzer
    WVFR- Anywhere-Anytime

SRVFD2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Welcome & lots of luck with your upcoming inspection. Been there & done that with that paperwork so can sure relate to what you're talking about!!

------------------
    God is our Fire Chief;
    Jesus is our Incident Commander.

SteamTrain
    Firehouse.com Guest

I gotta ask, is your town's name pronounced the same as the other name for a hot dog?? I've worked with an occasional weenie before but I never knew there was a weiner of a F.D. Betcha got a neat patch!

BTW, nice tag SRVFD! Sure looks familiar though LOL. Keep spreadin' the Good Word!

Punkin

------------------
    GOD is my Fire Chief, JESUS is my Incident Commander!

ttjjss
    Firehouse.com Guest

Steamtrain, yes its pronounced like the hot dog, it came from the guy who was an executive for the railroad back in the 1800's
    who got the railroad ran thru here, his last name was weiner, can you imagine having that last name, as for a patch, we havent got one yet, but i dont think there will be a hot dog on it, lol TYLER

BayRidge60
    Firehouse.com Guest

Welcome aboard...from Queensbury, NY.

------------------
    Glenn Ralston
    Firefighter/EMT-D
    Bay Ridge Fire-Rescue
    byrdg60@netscape.net

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi and welcome aboard. The paperwork never gets any better, no matter where you are. Join in and have fun. A lot of contacts out here if ever you need them.

------------------
    Kindest regards & keep safe,

Sprinkle (UK)
    www.crowthorneinfo.co.uk

pipemen
    Firehouse.com Guest

[ any body want to see a class1 rated volunteer fire department, go to: www.isoslayer.com Fallen-churchill FD NV.
    see what a fire dept. can do. You will love they way the are set up, and run.

Davidjb
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by ttjjss:
    Steamtrain, yes its pronounced like the hot dog, it came from the guy who was an executive for the railroad back in the 1800's
    who got the railroad ran thru here, his last name was weiner, can you imagine having that last name, as for a patch, we havent got one yet, but i dont think there will be a hot dog on it, lol TYLER
    I have a great picture of a firehouse with guys standing in front of the truck, and a weiner dog standing with them, (I have 2 Dachsunds), I can Email it to ya if you like, great patch material!

------------------
    David Brooks,
    FFII, Driver/Op, NRFR
    Newmarket Fire & Rescue
    Newmarket, New Hampshire
    www.NewmarketNH.com/fire
    (All opinions are my own)

Thread Information