Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Is your Fire Station a Safe House?

PASADENA FIRE DEPARTMENT is part of a countywide program called “Safe House.” If you or your children are ever in need of help, you can drive, bike or run directly to any Pasadena fire station for assistance, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The stations are open for medical emergencies, lost or frightened children, people who suspect they are being followed, homeless persons needing directions to a shelter on a cold night, or anyone needing immediate aid.
    Once you’re inside, you’ll be greeted by a friendly face who will calmly help you manage your crisis by calling for medical help, summoning the police, referring you to a community agency or tracking down a loved one to pick you up.
    If the station’s crew is out on a call, you can use one of the red emergency phones directly outside the fire station for a quick link to 9-1-1 dispatchers.
    “Safe House” placards are on display at each of Pasadena’s fire stations, and parents are encouraged to teach their children to run to one of the stations if they think they’re in trouble:

This program is also used by Monrovia, Arcadia, Sierra Madre Santa Fe Springs and several other local area Fire Departments

------------------
    Engine101
    Tim Macias
    TimMacias101@Firehousemail.com
    I will fight fire for Electricity

[This message has been edited by Engine 101 (edited 02-05-2001).]

troll911
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Tim, this is a great program. Our stations have been safe houses since I was in third grade (about 65). I remember my ol' man telling my mom about it when the hand placards went up. Good PR, but hardly anybody walks anymore. Everybodies in to big of a hurry to get somewhere now.

------------------
    Peace,
    TROLL

Just my opinions, not my departments. If they are alike, it usually means somethin's gonna happen!

Thread Information