watz
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking Good after noon ...

Good after noon to you all !
    I would like to introduce my self my name is Matt Watson I am a volunteer (currently) Firefighter on our local department this fall I will be taking our EMT courses and hopefully getting my red card to make this into a profession.
    I love being on our department and am looking for information about becoming a full time firemen, any info. you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
    -Matt

FPOfficer308
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey Matt,

First, as you already know, you have chosen a career filled with both tradition and honor. Your decision is something you will never regret. It is filled with tremendous pride and profound sorrow. That is what the "brotherhood" is all about. I would not change anything.
    Anyway, go for education first and foremost.
    The job is so diverse these days that departments are looking for a well rounded recruit. Pursuing a Fire Science degree or continuing ed courses shows you are dedicated and serious about your career choice. Don't be afraid to keep those ears open when you around the more experienced brothers. The formal training comes from schooling, the best advise comes from experience.
    Good luck Matt. Hope you obtain whatever you pursue. You sound like you are headed in the right direction.

Stay safe Brother,
    Glen

pvfr fyrfyter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Welcome from a fellow Nebraskan. You will find a great deal of support and information available at your fingertips.

------------------
    The few, the proud, the insane- Volunteer Firefighters

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Hi Matt and welcome aboard. You should make a lot of new contacts on this site and if you ever get stuck with a problem, then I am sure that there is someone out here with the answer. Join in and have fun.

------------------
    Kindest regards & keep safe,

Sprinkle (UK)
    www.crowthorneinfo.co.uk

Thread Information