Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Diane
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Do you have a "point system"?

Does your dept. give points for for training, alarms, meetings, parades etc...and are the "Top 10" awarded at the big dinner? My dept. does and what disappoints a lot of members is that the Chiefs are included (and usually at least two make it on the list -- one is usually in the top 2).....The paid employees of the dept. (ie maintanence and dispatcher) and the village fire marshal are also eligible to sign in for a point if they are a dept. member....

So, this year at least 3 spots went to this "group" that could've gone to someone else....What it boils down to is the Chiefs should be active -- it's part of their duty, but they shouldn't be given an award -- they already have a truck, free gas, $1000 a year etc...

VaFireGal28
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hello from Hopewell,Va !!...yes our county that i vol with just started the point system up. They call ours the LOSAP program. I would talk more about it but we just started it up. It seems as if it going to be a good thing though...

Chiefkeo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Diane,
    I started a point system on our department about a year ago. No awards with it. I use it do issue new or replacement equipment. I feel that the more active FFs who use their equipment the most will get the best "bang for the buck" out of any purchases. Seems to be working well but as with any system, you have to use your head and use descretion from time to time.

Firekatz04
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Yes, we have a point system. 2 points for fire calls, 1 point for: schools, drills, parades, work details, community service activities, etc. Officers are not eligible... it is expected of them to be "active". We give several awards at our annual banquet... Most Fire Calls, Chief's Award (Most Total activities), and Chief Engineer's/Drivers award... for person that drives to the most calls. It IS concievable that the same person could win all three, but it hasn't happened yet.

KIPSKI137
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

YES,WE HAVE A POINT SYSTEM TO DETERMINE,WHO SHOULD REMAIN A MEMBER,AND BE ALLOWED TO VOTE AT THE END OF THE YEAR.THERE ARE NO AWARDS,BECAUSE THEY WOULD GO TO THE OFFICERS ALL THE TIME IF THEY DID THEIR JOBS.

Thread Information