Texas Fire Recruit
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking New to board and a question for all.

To all,

I am new to the site and I am on "information overload". This is a great site. I will post a question here since I do not know yet where else to post it.

Does anyone work for a department that uses cross-trained personnel? Cross-trained meaning fully-certified in police, fire and paramedic services. If so, how's it working out for you?

Thanks,
    TFR

FSRIZZIO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

We've got a guy that walked in the station a few years back, wanted to be a fireman, OK. then he got EMT trained, great. Then he became a county coroner, whatever floats your boat. Now he's a policeman for our town on top of all of it. He carries concealed weapons to training drills, and sometimes gets a real Cop type attitude (never on the fireground). All this from a guy some months back that had WAY too many lights and gadgets on his POV... makes me nervous.

Be Safe, Frank

[This message has been edited by FSRIZZIO (edited 04-11-2001).]

dfwscotty
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Ones I know about....DFW Airport, Southlake, University Park.....

Seems to work ok here....

Texas Fire Recruit
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

dfwscotty,

Yes, I am actually undergoing a BI with DFW. How do the shifts work. I know you do 12 hour shifts, but how many days on and off. I am also looking at Highland Park as an option, but I will be better suited when I get out of the Fire Academy.

Thanks,
    TFR

Thread Information