Hi Everyone...

My name is Tim Dumas... I work as the Fire Chief of Edward N. Cole Canoe Base in Alger Michigan, a Detroit Area Council Boy Scout Camp. Our camp received a donation of a 1972 Ford Waterous Pumper which was donated by The City of St. Clair Shores Michigan) Fire Department, and by Troop 273 in 1999.

The truck (Engine 5) is use for protecting Edward N. COle Canoe Base which covers 1400 acres of mostly wooded property bordering the Rifle River. Engine 5 is used to protect the camp buildings, and for teaching the 1800+ Scouts and 800+ Leaders that attend our camp each summer about fire safety.

With the donation of Engine 5, we have started a Fire Venture Crew with 19 youth members, and 6 adults. We use the truck each week as a hands-on demonstration for the campers, and for training for the crew.

We have attend several different events since receiving Engine 5... The Annual Frankenmuth Fire Muster in Frankenmuth Michigan (1999, 2000), and the Michigan Fireman's Memorial in Roscommon (2000), as well as several local parades.

The truck has the basic fire fighting equipment on it (a few sections of hose, a couple of nozzels, and a few helmets)... and we are always looking for donations for it.. If interesting in donating, please e-mail me...

Thanks again...
"And Remember.... Be Safe Out There....!"

------------------
Chief Timothy J. Dumas
Eagle Scout
Station 1, Engine 5
Venture Crew 1777 Advisor
Cole Canoe Base
Detroit Area Council
Boy Scouts of America