AussieBuff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Aussies visting USA

Greetings from Down Under. 2 or 3 of us buffs from Sydney, Australia, are planning on coming over for 2 weeks in July for FireHouse Expo. We are looking at flying into NYC, then driving down to Baltimore area, then back to NY.

WE'd love to get some suggestions from local buffs about interesting things along the way, and maybe meet up with a few locals. We're into fire and railroads, we've got info on Museums already.

[This message has been edited by AussieBuff (edited 04-30-2001).]

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

If you are driving from Baltimore to NY, Don't miss the United States Army Ordnance Museum, located at the Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, about 25 miles north of Baltimore at Exit 85 of I-95. It is said to be the largest, most comprehensive collection of military vehicles in the world! View the military vehicles in the outdoor "Tank Park" and inside the museum, the largest collection of handheld weapons in the US. While at the Ornance museum, be sure to drop by the main fire station and visit!!! Drop me an e-mail if you would like to visit; I'll give you a phone number.

Trains: About an hour's detour from I-95 while enroute to NY from Baltimore is beautiful Lancaster County, Pa. Home of the Strasburg Railway, an active steam line. And across the street from Strasburg, is the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, not to be missed!!

Philadelphia: Don't pass up an opportunity to "buff" the 5th largest fire department in the country, home of America's Heritage!! I owuld be more than happy to show you around Philly; again, drop me an e-mail!!

------------------
    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Thread Information