joeslove
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink New to the board

I am interested in finding information about any Women's Auxcillery's. I am interested in starting one for our local volunteer fire department.

Dana

CRISPY
    Firehouse.com Guest

What's are Auxcillery's.

joeslove
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

An auxiliary is a sub group that supports the main group. I know that there are womens auxiliary out there and I just want to find out exactly what I need to do to get one started.

Dana

PS Sorry, I spelled auxiliary wrong in the first post.

FFJRE32
    Firehouse.com Guest

we use to have a ladys auxillary what do you want to know about them it all depends on what all you want to do. how many ladies do you have to start try to start this

joeslove
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

I don't know at this point how many women are interested. I am just looking for the information that we might need to actually get one started. Several of the wives and significant others have expressed an interest. We just don't know how to get started and I am sure that there are some kind of rules and regulations.

Dana

FFJRE32
    Firehouse.com Guest

well first the chief has to okay it. the purpose of the ladies is to take the firefighters a meal and refreshments to a fire or any call that they will be there for a long peroid of time and to also so assist them with fundraiser,the ladies should try tocome up with ideas to raise money while the firefighters go to classes you could sit with the chief and the members and come up with the rules that they would like yous to go by every deptment has different views of the way the ladies should work.

Thread Information