Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello I am new to the forum and would like to say hi from Washington State. I am a resident with Pacific Fire Department. Someday I will be a career firefighter.

Hay, Welcome to firehouse forum. I live in Astoria, Oregon, where is that in relation to Pacific Wa. Love to chat with a local further.
    James Bingham
    Firefighter/EMT
    Lewis & Clark Fire District
    Astoria Oregon
    james35@firehousemail.com
    http://cms.firehouse.com/dept/Astoria4OR

I am about 3 hours North of Vancouver/Portland. Closer to Tacoma than Seattle, but kinda in the middle of the two. I do not know where Astoria is. I heard of Astoria (Kindergarten Cop, good movie). Looks like a very nice place. How are things down there?

hi kelly. i'm new to the forum too. i've been with the columbus (ohio) fire department for 10 years. so, how are things in the great northwest? :^)
    Crazy from the heat!!!

Hi Dave, It is real nice up here. Its about 80 degrees sunshining. Been alittle slow for calls but thats ok once in awhile. Besides Pacific is a small town, not to much excitement. How about Columbus, Ohio? What is that like? How is the weather? I was raised an East Coast Girl, but moved out west around 12.

Forum Member

HELLO FROM SOMERS,WISCONSIN. I'M A FULLTIME FIREFIGHTER FOR THE TOWN OF SOMERS WHICH IS IN THE SOUTHEASTERN PART OF WISCONSIN. ALWAYS FUN TO CHAT WITH FELLOW FIREFIGHTERS FROM AROUND THE U.S. shoney6308@yahoo.com
    "PUT THE WET STUFF ON THE RED STUFF"

Welcome to the forum....i am Kyle and have been with the City of North Charleston, SC F.D. for a little over 3 years. What part of the east coast you from? Enjoy your time here for you can pick up some interesting tips.
    Its not something you do,
    Its something you are.
    "Whether we bring the terrorists to justice, or we bring justice to the terroists...Justice WILL BE DONE"... President Bush
    Engineer
    Engine Co. # 1
    THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS AND OPINIONS ONLY!!!

I am from upstate New York. Auburn it is about 20 minutes from Syracuse. How are things in South Carolina, Kyle and how are things in Wisconsin, Scott? Do the fire department on the east coast run EMS and Fire together? I have been told that some big cities only run fire and have seperate agencies handle EMS. At my department we cross man a Engine and an Aid car. So what ever is called is what you go on. Is that how you run it or do you have staffing for both?

Hey Kelly, things are just steadily burning down in this city...which is just turning into one big ghetto ....anyways...the county runs EMS and F.D. runs first responder with all 11 stations with AED's..In my station, we have a Squad truck that handles all entrapments, ems fires pretty much on the whole south side of our city....we have just changed websights so everything is not all done yet
    http:www.ncfd.org
    Its not something you do,
    Its something you are.
    "Whether we bring the terrorists to justice, or we bring justice to the terroists...Justice WILL BE DONE"... President Bush
    Engineer
    Engine Co. # 1
    THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS AND OPINIONS ONLY!!!

Thread Information