Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default Fire Training for Law Enforcement Officers

I am conducting a research project (NFA -EFOP)...looking for info:
    "Any fire agencies (FD, academy, etc...) that provide training to Law Enforcement agencies (any size agency) dealing with the role / safety of police officers who respond to a fire / mva / ems incident".

any related info is sought & welcomed.

thank you
    Lt John F Walsh
    Valley Falls Fire District
    Cumberland, RI
    401-725-6646 (h)

I don't know of any Departments in the Georgia Area that have that type of program but I do like the Idea.

I do know of a Public Saftey Department in California. I will try to find you a contact for the Sunnyvale Public Saftey Dept. They are located in Sunnyvale Ca.

I would also like to know the results of your quest when you are through. I work with a volunteer department and we receive alot of help from our Sheriff's Deputy's and would like to make them more familiar with our job so they can stay safe as well.

I will get back to you on the contact.

The Web address for the Sunnyvale Pubilc Safety Office is www.ci.sunnyvale.ca.us/public-safety/recruit/index.htm

I hope this will help you with what you are looking for.
    George Phillips FF318
    Hickory Flat Volunteer Fire Dept.
    Cherokee County
    Company 3

Another in California is Marina Public Safety http://www.ci.marina.ca.us/publicsafety/index.htm

Hope that helps

I work for Daytona Beach Shores Public Safety. All full timers are triple certified in fire/rescue and law enforcement. I've been with the department for three years and I've found that cops are cops and we're just hose draggers to cops.I am triple certified, but, my loyalty is to fire/rescue. I've found that cops don't think like fire fighters and visa versa. I not trying to get down on either side. Each side has its priorities. I've heard of officers making traffic stops in fire trucks and running wanted checks on people they are treating medically.
    Just thought I'de offer my opinion, don't know if it helps.
    Stay safe
    Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Alberta Fire Training School in Vermillion Alberta Canada regularly has police officers training at their school. Mostly taking courses in arson investigation and vehicle extrication. Have had a lot of fun swapping lies with the boys in blue when I've gone to school, we even got them to go into the flashover shack with us once and they (3 cops) never bailed even when some FF's did. Don't know if their egos kept them in there or if ignorance was bliss

Thread Information