Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default Being a Volunteer and working full time, how to met people to go out with

I have found it hard to meet quaility people not only to date but to just hang out with friends. Some are so intimidated because of being a volunteer FF, and a woman to boot. But Hey I do like to go out once in awhile. I was seeing another FF, but he was a flake and he called when he wanted something and my needs were nonexistant. So I hope to meet some good people here to talk to and get to know

Hugs
    Tanya

EMT/FF
    OWL VFD
    Station 14, and 12 in VA
    OWL Station 14<br />We fight what you fear.<br />We will always be there first,even if its in your first due....

Amen from a fellow sister firefighter. Ill tell you what my partner at work told me"Girl, you need to get out of the ring of dating firemen,its a dead end street". Hes right. The only thing that dating FD guys is a rep for being a Firehouse tramp. Ive dated my fair share of firefighters. Ive found ways of going out with non-fd personel. Try chat rooms in the area that you live in. But please be careful if you go online to look. There are other ways to meet guys than just the fire dept. Good luck to you and remember theres someone out there for everyone.

Heather Helm
    EMT-B/FF II
    Station 13
    Carroll Co.,Maryland
    "The above statement is my opinion and not that of my station."

Well, I make it a habit to never date out of my department so the rumors and people in my business stay out. But from what I have found out I can't find a loyal one in the bunch. Hey I don't need to see you every day but at least call me and I am find with that. But it seems the ego is just alittle to high for me to help mantain for them. So right now I am not looking but I will not turn a cheek to someone who wants to see me. They say when you stop looking that is when it will happen. So we will see, right now enjoying my friends and running all the fun calls I can grab.

Tanya
    OWL VFD
    OWL Station 14<br />We fight what you fear.<br />We will always be there first,even if its in your first due....

I don't think the intent of "Meet & Greet" is to be a stage for love and romance problems. It is intended to introduce department members to each other and talk about the fire service, not to set up a dating service.
    There are 900#'s for that.

Just my opinion.

I am not trying to meet someone to date. I just want to meet people to talk to about life at the department and anything else friends would talk about. So far I have met a few and a few I have not talked to in awhile. I love being in the fire service and was trying to relate, that it is hard to find people not only friends but also people to date in or out of the department, with what I do and not understanding. That was all it is about. Sorry you missed out on getting to know someone as great as I am, as a friend, because you can't really read and understand what I was trying to say.

Hugs to all my Fire Friends out there
    Tanya

OWL 14

I thought firehouse forums was a medium by which firefighters, you know, the people who look at this board, could share goals, interests, tactics, info, skookum, worries, advice, plans, dreams, and generally get a feel for what other places do. Silly me.
    ...if you put the handline in the right spot, you won't have to jump out the window...
    -Andy "Nozzles", SQ18, 9-11-01

Come on guys, There just makin conversation to break the ice. If it were on a technical part of the forum it would be different. It didnt sound like a dating service. Some of yourguys aare just to critical of others!!

I hear ya. I live in a small town, volunteer for fd and ambulance, plus work 50 hours a week. Very hard to find someone that can deal with that.
    HELL YEAH!!!
    The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

Just hang in there is all i can say...i dont know how guys can be intimidated...there is just something about a fine looking woman coming out of a fire all dirty in her bunkergear ...but definitely dont date in house, alot of probs can come out of that....take care, good luck
    stay safe
    Its not something you do,
    Its something you are.
    "Whether we bring the terrorists to justice, or we bring justice to the terroists...Justice WILL BE DONE"... President Bush
    Engineer
    Engine Co. # 1
    THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS AND OPINIONS ONLY!!!

hi there redfire. I am a volly fire captain and a paid 911 dispatcher. I am married to a firefighter/dispatcher, but if you need any advise, give me a shout.

stay safe

Sean

Occoquan-Woodbridge-Lorton- you are the ones who respond in school buses, right? Just kidding, I do like the apparatus color. I have a few co-workers who live in the area and have been there a few times. I've been wanting to get down to Northern VA for a while to sightsee, visit different stations and maybe even do a ride-along, but keep procrastinating. Take care and be safe.
    Phil Clinard
    Laurel VFD
    Prince George's Co Sta 10
    Laurel, MD
    www.laurelvfd.org

hello REDFIRE from indiana. I was on OWL for about 3 yrs in the late 80's. The Arrington brothers were in charge then. it was paid during the day and had assigned vollie shifts at night and weekends. and the monthly training meetings were the best I have ever seen. I won't go in to why but hopefully you still know why. I used to run EMS 2 and medic 12 most of the time. It was a great time, i sometimes wish I was back there. be good and have fun
    FF/PARAMEDIC/CORONER/TRAINING "MY DAY STARTS WHEN YOURS ENDS"
    **SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE**

Thread Information