FOR IMMEDEATE RELEASE

Montgomery County Fire Fighter to help Fire Fighters of New York City with a remake of the song "Knocking on Heaven's Door"

HOW IT ALL STARTED

My name is Mark Nelson I am career fire fighter (IAFF Local 1664) in Montgomery County. When I am not wearing the hat of fire fighter, I am a musician and recording engineer. As a result of the attacks on September 11, 2001, I rewrote the lyrics and recorded the song "Knocking on Heaven's Door" in my home recording studio. I also called on some local musician friends to help him with his effort. The end result was has been described as a very marketable product.

WHAT RADIO STATIONS HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE SONG?

As of right now, the only radio station playing the song is WARW Classic Rock 94.7 (www.classicrock947.com) in Washington, DC. The song is in rotation now and the radio station still receives phone calls to hear the song. Other stations have been approached and we hope to hear back from them soon.

HAVE I BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION TO SELL THE SONG?

The answer is YES! Permission was received from those who hold the publishing rights to the song on October 17, 2001. Efforts to reproduce and sell the song are underway now. An order for the first batch of CD's will be placed VERY SOON so sales can begin.

WHERE WILL THE PROCEEDS GO?

Every cent of the money raised will go to will go to the New York Fire Fighters 9-11 relief fund that has been established by the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF). I am not seeking any personal monetary gain at all, nor are those who helped me record the song.

WHERE DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?

I can be reached by e-mail at IAFFHELP@aol.com. A clip of the song and additional information is available on the internet at www.montgomerycountyfirefighte rs.com.