Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Post Fire Extinguishers for Christmas!

One of the most important gifts anyone can give. Two years ago I just about blew the house up. Not intentionally, mind you. But I lit the propane powered grill that sits on our back deck. I came back a few minutes after I had lit it to see that the gas line running from the grill to the propane tank had caught on fire. I thought about panicking for a minute then remembered the fire extinguisher I had bought for my parents a few days before for christmas. It was still in the trunk of the car. Thankfully I was about to find it quickly and put out the fire before...the unthinkable happened. As it turned out, the next year I bought fire extinguishers for everyone on my shopping list. You never know when a simple gift like that can save a life and a house.

<br />BBH

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: BBH ]</p>

Great gift idea. A company that I worked for once offered gifts to employees. Three choices; A jacket, a winter survival kit, and a 5lb extinguisher. <br />Most went with the extinguisher.

You can never have too many.
    A quote from Firefighter Timothy Stackpole, FDNY (borrowed from Bits & Pieces magazine)<br />"The greatest high you can get in life is by helping somebody."

Thumbs up

I also think fire extinguishers are great gifts. One of the people I work with moved into a condo last year but didn't have a fire extinguisher, working flashlights, or a first aid kit. Let's just say they have them now. I also just finished putting together a "disaster kit in a bucket" for a friend of mine. For the full scoop on one visit:<br /><a href="http://www.fema.gov/reg-vii/2000/bucket.htm" target="_blank">http://www.fema.gov/reg-vii/2000/bucket.htm</a>

Fire exstinguisher are great gifts as long as you teach the people how to use them. Most people use F/E incorrectly and cause more problems than they cure. My fire dept has held seminars to teach people when and when not to use F/E.
    "My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea." - Tommy Douglas 1961.

Tender 9 - old, slow, ugly, cantankerous, reliable!

All empires fall, you just have to know where to push

Thread Information