Thread: STATUE TRAVESTY

Post STATUE TRAVESTY

HI- MY NAME IS VAL, I AM A NJ ARTIST AND STUDIO OWNER. VALS ART STUDIO IN MAPLEWOOD NJ. I HAVE MADE A PAINTING 60 X 36 CANVAS DEPICTING THE THREE FIREFIGHTERS, WTC, STATUE OF LIBERTY, IWO JIMA. I HAVE RAISED $2,000 SO FAR FROM PART OF MY SALES OF PRINTS OF THIS PIECE. THE MONEY IS GOING TO THE WIDOWS AND CHILDREN OF FIREFIGHTERS AND POLICEMAN'S FUND. THERE ARE 1,000 PRINTED. I SENT NUMBERS 1, 2 AND 3 TO DAN MCWILLIAMS, GEORGE JOHNSON AND BILLY EISENGREIN. i WENT TO EACH OF THE FIREHOUSES BELONGING TO ALL THREE MEN. THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST MOMENTUS MOMENTS IN MY LIFE. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF CONTACTING UNION OFFICIAL, JERRY HUNZINGER. i WANT TO DONATE THIS PIECE TO THE BROOKLYN HEADQUARTERS. THE CANVASS IS FRAMED IN A FIRE HOSE, THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME BY A FIREFIGHTER. (I NEED A NOZZLE IN CASE ANYONE HAS ONE HANGING AROUND THE BASEMENT!!!) IF YOU ARE INTERESTED YOU CAN VIEW THIS ON MAPLEWOODONLINE/VALS/. I GET SO ANGRY JUST THINKING ABOUT THE FACES OF GEORGE, DAN AND BILLY BEING CHANGED TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. THEY ARE THE MEN WHO SHOULD GET THE CREDIT FOR ANCHORING THE FLAGPOLE IN THE DEBRIS, NOT SOME FABRICATION OF THREE OTHER PEOPLE FOR THE PURPOSE OF MAKING A RACIAL AND POLITICAL STATEMENT. THE IWO JIMA STATUE WAS NOT ALTERED IN ANY WAY, WHY DO IT NOW. THE MEN RAISING THE PICTURE OF THE MEN RAISING THE FLAG ON IWO JIMA IS ETCHED INTO THE MINDS OF MOST AMERICANS. THESE THREE MEN HAVE DONE THE SAME THING FOR OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COUNTRY. THIS TIME, IT IS A LITTLE MORE PROFOUND. THE ATTACK WAS ON OUR HOME SOIL. THE FACES ON THE STATUE SHOW, WHITE, BLACK AND HISPANIC MEN. WHAT ABOUT THE WOMEN FIREFIGHTERS, HOW ABOUT THE ASIAN, AMERICAN INDIAN, ETC, ETC, ETC. WHERE DOES IT STOP. NO ONE, EXCEPT THESE THREE MEN SHOULD GET CREDIT FOR WHAT THEY DID. AS AN ARTIST, YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE TO DRAW THE LINE. MY LARGE CANVAS WAS ALL ABOUT THE FIREMEN AND WTC, ETC, I DID ANOTHER PIECE ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO WERE KILLED IN THE TOWERS SEPERATLY. MAYBE SOMEMORE THOUGHT SHOULD GO INTO WHAT PEOPLE PUT OUT FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE. I THANK THESE THREE MEN FOR WHAT THEY DID, I THANK ALL THE FIREFIGHTERS, POLICE, EMERGENCY WORKERS, AND THE REST FOR ALL THEY HAVE DONE. WE SHOULD NEVER, EVER FORGET WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR COUNTRY AND IT'S PEOPLE. THANK YOU ALSO FOR LISTENING.

I will never forget the day of 9-11-01. I was at the fire station as I saw thousands of civilans like you and hundreds of firefighters like me die. I could not believe what I was seeing. Thank you for your work and comments. I am just glad that they didn't try to change the colors in the flag or something! I think most of the people that I have talked to feel as I do.
    God Bless our wonderful country.

Thread Information