Thread: ACLU & al Qaeda

Post ACLU & al Qaeda

Reports that the ACLU and certain other groups are upset with the treatment being given the captured al Qaeda thugs is unfortunate. How cruel and inhumane for their captors to shave their heads and beards! Predictably, they assume that it is being done to humiliate them and to mock their “religious beliefs”, rather than for purposes of hygiene. I suppose that were they not to be shaved, we would be accused of brutality for allowing them to remain infested with lice.<br /> <br /> Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the terrorists who attacked America on Sept. 11 were willing to overlook whatever Islamic mandate there may be regarding personal grooming in order to facilitate their acts of mass murder. [ Forgive me, I forgot; the mass murders committed were also mandated by Allah!]. These “true believers” have defiled their religion much more thoroughly than any “infidels” could even imagine. <br /> <br /> “Watchdog” groups can perform a valuable function in a free society to prevent various governmental abuses of power. Too often, the ACLU has trivialized their own potential value with the inane causes that they embrace. The fact that involuntary baths and haircuts for murderous prisoners is the chief complaint is proof that America is the most humane country in the world. That the ACLU or anyone could raise ludicrous charges such as these while the bodies of fire fighters, police officers and civilians are still being recovered at the World Trade Center will forever be their shame. Spare me the sensitivity! <br /> <br /> Sincerely,<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> James E. McNally <br />

P.S. I am a proud member of the Chicago Fire Dept. and a Business Agent for the Chicago Fire Fighters Union. I am not a member of the ACLU.

Default I agree!

Where do these people get off telling us how we should treat them when they murderded thousands of us!

Thread Information