Hello,

I am new to the forum. I am a CFI specializing in chimney-related fire damages, and a Certified Chimney Sweep. We are looking for photos and/or documentation of fires related to improper installation or maintenance of chimneys and fireplaces.

The Midwest Chimney Safety Council (www.midwestcsc.org) is trying to get Chimney Sweep Licensing in the State of Missouri, then neighboring states. Some other states and counties already have licensing. The problem is that since no licensing is required in many jurisdictions, ANYONE can be a chimney sweep-- and clean chimneys, install liners and wood-burning stoves and fireplaces. In the interest of public safety, the MCSC feels strongly that a minimum standard for licensing would help prevent many uneccessary fires and deaths due to chimney problems.

We are currently working with Senator DePasco and have drafted a bill. Now we need documentation to back up this request.

I would greately appreciate it if you would forward any information you have to me or my wife, Marge, who is heading up this project to mpadgitt@earthlink.net or to my address below.

Thank you,

Gene Padgitt, CFI, CCS<br />Padgitt Chimney Investigations<br />P.O. Box 520468<br />Independence, MO 64052<br />816-461-3665