Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Angry Shame on you

Not everyone wants to be firefighter or involved that deeply. A ladies auxillary is for everyone who wants to help from the outside, while being formally recognized by their respective fire departments. That attitude has no basis and if you were my "recruit" or "explorer, I would be sure your facts were right. Especially of you call yourself a "chief". That attitude would find you in my office.
    Capt. Warren Jacobs
    Pelican Fire/Rescue
    Omnis Cedo Domus
    • -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    • -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think the young explorer understands what the auxilaries do for the fire company. Our volunteer auxilary helps to raise funds and provide food and drink at fire scenes. Can't imagine the fire company without them. Our fire company also has a junior member program for those under the age of 18.

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson
    I think the young explorer understands what the auxilaries do for the fire company. Our volunteer auxilary helps to raise funds and provide food and drink at fire scenes. Can't imagine the fire company without them. Our fire company also has a junior member program for those under the age of 18.
    Sorry off topic... I would like to welcome another Delawarean to the forums, since we are an endangered breed.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread!
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Forum Member

I would like to make something known. Please don't let that explorer's outburst ruin your opinions of all juniors/cadets/explorers. I myself would greatly appreciate a ladies auxillary. Having a group of people (ladies, men, whatever) who are dedicated to firefighter welfare would be amazing in times when the firefighters are just worried about getting the job done. You can NEVER have too much support staff. From what I've heard they are an invaluable resource to the departments they serve. I can never say enough good things about people who give hot food and cold drinks to me after a long job...

Anyone else notice that the original post was 7 years ago!!?
    Resident Chaplain of the IACOJ

Forum Member

It is good to see this topic revisited , even if it is 7 years old.
    The Auxiliary in our fire company helps us with fundraising , fire prevention,
    public relations , as well as food and refreshments on emergency scenes or
    back at the fire house , during some of our longer duration emergencies .

Although it is , in our company , the Ladies Auxiliary , several men also
    participate . It allows folks who , for whatever reason , can not or do not wish to participate in fire/rescue operations , an opportunity to be involved.
    Sad to see however , that here in Delaware ,some of them are disappearing.

Thread Information