Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    AlabamaFireWife
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Starting an Auxilary

The spouse's of our combination depatment are interested in starting a support auxilary. Does anyone know a source of information (on the web or other) on how to begin a chapter, find an example of bilaws for review, etc? We are interested in ideas for programs and activities, and how your auxilary supports your department, etc. We are truly starting from scratch. Thank you!

Sta.30firegal
    Firehouse.com Guest

AlbamaFireWife,
    My name is Amy I am in the same boat as you are. I have no idea where to begin. If you get helpful info can you pass it on to me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Amy
    Sta. 30

Firelady3017
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Our Fire Co. had a Ladies Auxiliary a while ago and they no longer have meetings. We are interested in starting a support auxiliary and don't know how to go about starting one. I would like any information on this as well, if you find any out, please let me know. Thank you. I do have a copy of by-laws from Ladies Aux. if anyone wants 2 see them, email me. Thanks.

joeslove
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I too would like any information that you might find out about a ladie's auxiliary.

Dana

Kaye Gerke
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Go to http://www.ffam.org then Auxiliary for excellent organization information.

Kaye Gerke
    Firehouse.com Guest

Go to http://www.ffam.org then Auxiliary for excellent organization information.

Hi Ladies,

I am also trying to get information together so that our Fire Department can also form an Auxillary.. I was wondering if you had found any site besides the one mentioned below or any other information. If you would please send it my was also. If I find any I will post also.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
    Fire5Wife

Originally posted by AlabamaFireWife:
    <STRONG>The spouse's of our combination depatment are interested in starting a support auxilary. Does anyone know a source of information (on the web or other) on how to begin a chapter, find an example of bilaws for review, etc? We are interested in ideas for programs and activities, and how your auxilary supports your department, etc. We are truly starting from scratch. Thank you!</STRONG>
    Hello I am here to help you with what I can....I am president of an Auxiliary in Indiana. I have been president for over a year now and been a very active member for 8 years plus. If I can be of any assistance to anyone please let me know. I would love to help. It is a great thing and we love doing it. Keep in touch![/LIST]
    kristin dufek

We had one for quite awhile... it recently "disbanded". Make sure you have input from the firefighters on just about anything that you do, be it fund raisers, refreshments/rehab at calls, membership (it should be open to anyone - male or female), who controls the funds (fire dept. or auxillary). DON'T DO THINGS BEHIND THE FIREFIGHTERS BACKS and also, AVOID CLIQUES!!!

Thread Information