Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    evfdjf
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Does your company have a time limit for JF's?

I was wondering if your company had a time limit on what time you can respond to. My company is 10:00 for all junior firefighters 14-15 and 12:00 for 16-18.

SBear597
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our By-laws state this:

Will not be at the fire station between 9:00 pm and 7:00 am unless on a call or at meetings. After 9:00 pm Apprentice Firefighters must be accompanied by one or more Active Voting Members in good standing. Apprentice Firefighters may not entertain friends at any time.

EPFD-AL
    Firehouse.com Guest

A boro ordinance passed 3-4 years ago in part states that junior firefighters (16-18 yrs) in my volunteer fire department (Elmwood Park, NJ) may not respond to any alarm after 10 pm on school nights. My engine company also has a rule that they must maintain a B average in school.

NMFD33
    Firehouse.com Guest

here in New Milford, nj...we have no time limits whatsoever...granted it tend no to goto calls that are BS on a school night...but yea we have no time limits

------------------
    Chris Kerrigan
    XMetalSxeX@aol.com
    Junior Fire Fighter
    Co.2 Tower/Rescue-31 Engine-33
    New Milford VFD,NJ

"Species come and go, but the earth stands forever fast. All river runs towards the sea, but the sea is never full"-In Flames

BFD99
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Our Dept. Policy at BFD is that all cadets (high school age JF's) are to be out of the station by no later then 10pm on a school night and no later then 11pm on a non-school night.

BFD99
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Our Dept. Policy at BFD is that all cadets (high school age JF's) are to be out of the station by no later then 10pm on a school night and no later then 11pm on a non-school night.

Wayno
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

I would use extreme caution in not enforcing time limits. Each state as well as the federal goverment already regulate the number of hours/day and hours/week and what they can and can not do in reference to training and operating equipment etc. If I were you I would refer to the Dept of Labor for the regulations. Our dept furthers restrictions on juniors.

Thought this would help.

------------------
    No Dragon To Big To Tame!!

DED1645
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

A basic rule of thumb followed is NJ child labor laws. Our station is 10pm Sun.-Thurs. 11pm Fri.& Sat.

------------------
    David DeCant
    firefighter/NREMT-B
    Originally Mantua,NJ
    Presently Lindenwold,NJ(I'm not a member of any of this District's dept's.)

OCFireEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

in orange county fire, we ride along for a shift untill 10 pm. if we run a call and run over the limit, we leave when we get back, or after doing the nescescary showering and cleaning up the gear after a good fire. its not really a big deal, most of us are mature enough to leave when we are supposed to. we used to ride for a 24 hour shift, but the whole sexual harassment thing killed it. anyway, just thought you volly company exp's would like to know how the career depts do it, cuz im interested in knowing how the volunteer dept explorers do it.

"i run through the gates of hell, so you dont have to."

Joe Nassetta
    Orange County Fire Authority

explorer36
    Firehouse.com Guest

At our Station Explorers curfew is 9:00 pm on week nights and 10:00 pm on weekends. I think the jrs curfew is 10:00 on week nights.

------------------
    Joe
    Vice-Pres
    WHTFC

Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Our station follows insurance laws, 14-15(junior) 7:00am-7:00pm school days
    8:00pm-6:00am restricted
    6:00am-10:00 pm summer only

16-18(full membership)
    6:00am-12:00pm school days
    12:00am-6:00am EMS only