Thread: Haz-Mat's

CTFDExplorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Haz-Mat's

Quick question our department is located in an area with a lot of potential Haz-Mat's, What if any training are most explorer programs allowed to do. Our SOP on Explorer's at Haz-Mat's are they stay at command post and setup Rehab and Decon and we are all Haz-Mat Operations. What are other post SOP's on this????

Thanks,

Cadet/Major Cory Adkins

explorer36
    Firehouse.com Guest

At my station explorers cannot ride on any Haz-Mat's.

OFD95
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

In my department, no junior can ride to any HAZ-MAT related incident until he or she has taken HAZ-MAT Awearness - Level 1

------------------
    Joey Gothelf
    Oradell Fire Dept.
    Junior Fire Fighter #95
    Oradell, NJ

FiRsqDvr45
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Boy Scouts of America forbids Exploreres from being in any hazardous situation. Haz Mat incidents are a huge no-no as far as we were told. Our explorers stay at the station and help there in support functions.

------------------
    FF/EMT Jay Ellingson
    Newington,NH FD &
    Water Country EMS
    Be Safe!

I merely have the privilege of working for the listed agencies and my views are my own and in no way represent either fine agency in any way.

FiRsqDvr45
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Boy Scouts of America forbids Exploreres from being in any hazardous situation. Haz Mat incidents are a huge no-no as far as we were told. Our explorers stay at the station and help there in support functions.

------------------
    FF/EMT Jay Ellingson
    Newington,NH FD &
    Water Country EMS
    Be Safe!

I merely have the privilege of working for the listed agencies and my views are my own and in no way represent either fine agency in any way.

NRFR/explorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Most of our explorers are Haz-mat Awareness trained and me and one other are Ops trained. Those who are trained may go to Haz-mat calls and do minimum tasks, none of which involve handling hazardous materials. Awareness trained is good for explorers. Explorers should be able to go to the calls and observe what is being done. After all, the explorer program is about learning!

Joe
    NRFR, explorer
    MFD

[This message has been edited by NRFR/explorer (edited January 23, 2000).]

Thread Information