Thread: Fav Light Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Gershon View Post
    Hey I know this might sound strange but i was wondering what all your favorite light bar is. Mine deff is the vector light bar. let me know what you think it is.

Justin
    Probie 248
    Altamont Vol FD NY
    Whatever is the cheepest.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    At my old department,if you were under 18,you weren't burnable and could not make entries or work in the hot zone of an extrication scene or do more than hold doors at a medical call.
    Over 18,you were fair game.I thought all Explorers with a volunteer department were eligible for full membership at that time.At least I've never heard of a department allowing people in the Explorer program(an offshoot of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of America)above the age of 18.
    He was responding to remarks made about insurance rates on a vehicle equipped with lights and siren with "I got a good student discount through high school and college.." which lead me to believe that he was still an Explorer over the age I am familar with,still livng at home and such.
    The questions are still valid: if you are an Explorer Scout and your folks are paying for the car and insurance,why would you want to increase the premiums by adding lights and siren?The insurance people will learn of it and that WILL jack up the rates.
    I understand what you are saying. I don't believe he meant that he has a good insurance rate and and a lightbar but I could be wrong. As to the age limit for explorers, where I am I can be a explorer till Im 20 since the hiring age is 21.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    Bou - That does NOT beat the Dodge 4X4 pickup that I saw in Ohio. Besides the lights, the guy had a Q on it........
    Harve,

That wouldnt have been in Bowling Green was it? (Not that I would EVER admit living anywhere near BG.......)

I think I know which dept. that guy is on......
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Now I think this is from Mexico as I can only guess the description is in spanish but WTH!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vszx6...eature=related
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Uhhh, Yeah............

You got it! he was working in the little office at the Gate where the Pullers check in. We were able to chat for a few minutes (some folks ahead of us on the Check in were having a bad hair day) and he seemed to be a real decent guy. It's a Nice Pickup that he has, I'm just not too sure about a Q on a "Normal" electrical system............

A Mexican Jeep with a Q on it....... That is a bit....... er.... ah..... different. I would assume the Donkey Carts pull over pretty quick........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Haha Mexicans...
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BPFire1618 View Post
    Much as I hate responding to blue light topics, I'll add me two cents. Lightbars ruin the look of most vehicles (look decent on pickups though.) But they are POINTLESS unless you are a line officer/chief officer and can/do respond to scene and actually USE the "warning power" of a full-size bar. Lightbars do nothing but attract the attention of cops, who just LOVE to pull over the blue-light brigade (least in my part of Connecticut anyway.) A small LED-dash light is more tasteful and less conspicuous as far as being a cop-magnet.
    Who cares about POV's? Some people here acutally drive real emergency vehicles! Our lightbars are SOS - 1604L and Whelen LED-bar (can't remember what model), the Whelen in particular is quite effective, but still... I'd fancy them Vectors

So that's my vote: Federal Vector is dead cool!

Forum Member

Addition... sorry, not indenting to speak evil about personally owned vehicles, we don't even use them here. But I mean, the favourite lightbar, is not the one that i would put on a would-be POV but the one that I would put on fire aparatus.

makes good girls go bad
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Thread Information