firechase
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Help to start a program

Can anybody out there give me some ideas of operation on starting a cadet program? Am trying to get one going here in the Western suburbs of Chicago but cannot get any one particular department to sign on by itself. Am now working to get a whole Division to take on this valuable project. Need your suggestions on the best way to convince 10 chiefs to take this on and your input on wht your cadets do.

firecadet613
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Hey, I'm in the northern suburbs of Chicago, and am currently in between depts. I am trying to find the best cadet/jr. program out there. E-mail me and maybe we can try and get something started with a dept.

Joe E. Thomson
    tttennis@corecomm.net
    ICQ#30864971
    AIM: Firecadet613

------------------
    Real hero's wear SCBA's, not capes. Let's try for a record year of below average LODD's. You never know, it could always be you or me.

explorer36
    Firehouse.com Guest

The first thing you might want to try is contacting the Boy Scouts. I don't know if you want an explorer post or a junior program. If you do contact the BSA they give information on ways to start a post which may be useful if you plan to have a presentation. Also you may want to go around and find if there is any interest with local youth. This will show the chiefs that there is an interest and the program would be a good thing for the community. Well, thats all i can think of. Good Luck!

Joe
    President - WHTFC Explorers

firecadet613
    Firehouse.com Guest

Drop me a email at tttennis@corecomm.net or ICQ#30864971.

I know Des Plaines has a program, I might join them, looks good.

Joe E. Thomson
    tttennis@corecomm.net

------------------
    Real hero's wear SCBA's, not capes. Let's try for a record year of below average LODD's. You never know, it could always be you or me.

eng1221
    Firehouse.com Guest

When I started our cadet program I thought of various ways to train. I decided that the best training for my guys is to instill the basics on them. To get them ready to challenge the Ill. FF2 test(of which they are required to pass) We also do a lot of practical training (hands on).Also take trips to dispatch centers. Industrial complexes to study systems etc... They have rules and bylaws to follow and yes, I have had to get rid of a few because of them. But it is a good chance to see if this is what a person wants to do later down the road.

Thread Information