Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mutual Aid

JR95
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Mutual Aid

I know that in many towns (including mine), Juniors are not allowed to ride to any calls on mutual aid, since they are out of town. I was wondering what the situation is in other towns....Thanks!

Brian Dunlap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

MOST TOWNS ESPECIALLY IN NEW JERSEY HAVE
    INSURANCE REGULATIONS REGARDING THE JR. FIRE
    FIGHTERS. USUALLY JRS. ARE ONLY COVERED BY
    THE INSURANCE IN THE TOWN WHICH THE DEPARTMENT OPERATES. PATIENCE YOUR DAY WILL
    COME.

explorer36
    Firehouse.com Guest

At our post no explorer or junior can ride out of township calls.

Joe
    President - WHTFC Explorers

NMFD33
    Firehouse.com Guest

My Dept allows us to go on mutual aid calls. Ive been out of town for call before...i see no real problem with it cause no matter what town your FD goes to your still under your FD's insurance and whatnot...

------------------
    Chris Kerrigan
    ILiveInACage@aol.com
    ~Junior Fire Fighter-NMFD Co.2
    ~EMT-B-NMVAC
    ~Ex-Chief Fire/EMS Explorer Post 402
    New Milford,NJ

"Species come and go, but the earth stands forever fast. All river runs towards the sea, but the sea is never full"-In Flames

Imaff4free
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Explorer post at our dept. has insurance but it is limited to that depts. area for jrs or Explorers, I know this because it was asked by some of the Explorers and I'm the advisor of the post. When they reach the ripe old age of 18yrs they put a application to the Vol. part of the dept. and then if they our excepted and put on as a Vol. they can go on mutual aid calls. Our post is set up the following way when you become a Vol. member you still stay active with the Explorer post till your 21st birthday as a jr. advisor.

------------------
    God bless us all,
    on every call.
    Todd

FF.FOREVER
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

IN MY TOWN JR.FF ARE ALLOWED TO GO TO MUTUAL AID CALLS BECAUSE WE HAVE A CASCADE SYSTEM. SO THE JR'S FILL THE BOTTLES AND ALSO CHANGE PAK BOTTLES. SOMETIMES THE JR'S ARE THE ONLY ONES AROUND AND THEY MIGHT RESPOND AS THE TANKER RIDER OR WE SEND THEM TO THE WATERHOLE TO HELP FILL TANKERS. KEEP YOUR HEADS UP

McF 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our explorers are not allowed to respond on mutual aid call. The reason is simply, the department requesting mutual aid is expecting all fire fighters. Also, due to the fact that the fire fighters will most likely, be used for suppersion the explorer would be taking up a seat that could be filled by a fire fighter. We don't have cascade system on our any of our trucks (yet), so filling air bottles is not something we do on mutual aid calls.

michael101184
    Firehouse.com Guest

Are city allows us to go anywhere,due to the fact that we are fire rescue explorers.A explorers duties are to help people and help in your communtiy.

Chad165
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our jr's go or at least did go with our cascade truck. However a few days ago we got into the debate over some niosh warnings about scott bottles blowing up while being filled. We use Drager's but most of our mutual aid departments use the scott's. we don't want to get hung if something bad happens. They are all good men (or will be soon) ranging from 16 - 17. The really sad part is I can think of 2 departments we assist that our jr's have more training than their members including officers. Their time will come and they will be a sheet of ice at 8 below zero operating a structure fire on christmas morning. Sorry to ramble. Just my thoughts.

Chad165
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our jr's go or at least did go with our cascade truck. However a few days ago we got into the debate over some niosh warnings about scott bottles blowing up while being filled. We use Drager's but most of our mutual aid departments use the scott's. we don't want to get hung if something bad happens. They are all good men (or will be soon) ranging from 16 - 17. The really sad part is I can think of 2 departments we assist that our jr's have more training than their members including officers. Their time will come and they will be a sheet of ice at 8 below zero operating a structure fire on christmas morning. Sorry to ramble. Just my thoughts.

fire freak
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

In my department our Jrs. can go out on some mutual aid calls.

Thread Information