Thread: Fundrasing??

scott-L
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Fundrasing??

My post is currently thinking of ideas for fundrasing. Just wondering what other posts do for fundraising.

JR95
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Well I guess the easiest fundraiser would be a car wash at the firehouse. I am sure that you have brushes, water, and soap. Simplest way to get some cash for the post, at almost any time of the year.

I just found this: Old fundraising posts

[This message has been edited by JR95 (edited March 20, 2000).]

ILFireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Another idea is, to have a pancake breakfast at your local fire department. See if the firefighters would assist with the project and have all the profit funds go toward the explorer post.
    The town next to where I am at just did a pancake breakfast the same time each year and yesterday they did over 900 people through the doors.!! Just something to think about.

------------------
    This opinion is of myself and does not reflect any of the department or the city I am employed by.

NMFD33
    Firehouse.com Guest

My post of no more than 10 people earned $3350 (yes thousand)painting all the Fire hydrants in out town. there are 300+ hydrants in my town and we got paid $10 a hydrant. You have to contact your local water company because most likely they are the ones who own the hydrants. we did that, got approval from our dept chief and finished a few weekends later. it was a long process but worth it. it only took about 5 minutes a hydrant. you should really look into this idea.

------------------
    Chris Kerrigan
    ILiveInACage@aol.com
    ~Junior Fire Fighter-NMFD Co.2
    ~EMT-B-NMVAC
    ~Ex-Chief Fire/EMS Explorer Post 402
    New Milford,NJ

"Species come and go, but the earth stands forever fast. All river runs towards the sea, but the sea is never full"-In Flames

Thread Information