Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    tanker25
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Jr Fire Fighting

How to get a program set up and what they can do

westmead2
    Firehouse.com Guest

hey tanker. Its west mead again. If you send me your snail mail address, I'll mail you a copy of the local laws governing juniors, they may be alittle different around you but it should be similar. Email it to me at inferno29_24@yahoo.com

FGFD43
    Firehouse.com Guest

E-mail me and I will send you a copies of our By-Laws and SOGs. As far as getting a program started... If you are Jr. age, go by your local station, talk to the chief and/or any of the firefighters. Let them know that you don't just want to have a flashing light and a badge but want to learn about what they do and are interested in helping the community. Also, talk the idea up with your friends, if the people at the station see more than one "kid" is interested it helps. If you are a firefighter, start with the firefighters kids. When my father started our program 20+ years ago, almost all of the members were "fire brats" (including me). In bringing this to your "powers that be" explain to them how this program will also help the dept. Two thirds of our membership has come up from the Juniors! Hows that for recrutement? Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

------------------
    Kevin Sink
    Fair Grove Fire Dept.
    Thomasville, NC USA
    kevinsink@northstate.net

[This message has been edited by FGFD43 (edited May 23, 2000).]

Thread Information