NRFR/explorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Juniors with sirens

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Bring on the negative comments!!
    -kidding
    Joe
    KFD

M G
    Firehouse.com Guest

Whew!! Good psych out!

------------------
    The information presented herin is simply my opinion and does not represent the opinion or view of my employer(s) or any department/agency to which I belong.

Brian Dunlap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

Not to be negative...But this kind of goes hand in hand with Jr.'s and Blue Lights....NO !! There isn't a reason I don't think for any volunteer Fire/EMS Personnel to have a siren...Let alone Jr.'s Just an accident waiting to happen...

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

HAHAHA...Thats Funny...

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Junior EMS Responder
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"

Justin Gershon
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

This post has been removed by the user.

NRFR/explorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

go Justin go

Fireguy57
    Firehouse.com Guest

Why?

Nick SBFD 6
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Weenies.

11BrynAthyn355
    Firehouse.com Guest

Uhm, JR's in our department are allowed to have blue lights, but NO ONE, unless they are a chief officer, are allowed to have a siren.

------------------
    -Rick R.
    -Bryn Athyn Fire Company and Ambulance
    -Station 11 and Squad 355 in Montgomery County, Pa
    -http://mov.to/BAFC

Firefighter2197
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

no in my dept. no one unless thhey are a cheif is allowed to run a serian
    unless you are off probation you better not have a red light in your car
    have fun and keep it safe

[This message has been edited by Firefighter2197 (edited June 30, 2000).]

Halligan84
    Firehouse.com Guest

wow....

Firefighter266
    Firehouse.com Guest

To Brian, Man we volunteers most of the time have a lot of traffic on the roads. In my mind if most of us didn't have lights and siren on our pov's we would be screwed. For those of us that live more than 5 or 6 minutes from the station has to use thier pov to get to the fire. We also cover a large area and aid other fd's in the area when in need. I don't know what it is like in your area but here it is almost a most.

------------------
    Steve"Lips"O'Brien
    Jr.Firefighter Unit266
    Jenkins Vol Fire Dept

mark440
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

No one should have Lights or Sirens on POV. The fire will eventually go out.
    No need to risk YOUR safety and the other motorists on the road, just not worth it.

------------------
    If in doubt - Call us out

Haligan125
    Firehouse.com Guest

Get lives you dofusus

I have the light on my dash for one reason. To pick up women. And it really dosen;t work well for that. I haven;t used my light in over a year. That's all I have to say to that. And siren. Have you ever gone code 3 for 50 miles? I have and let me tell you its gets annoying.

NRFR/explorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Hey guys! I have an idea!!! Why don't we all stop trying to be "the big man" on Firehouse.com and take a joke for what it is. All of you who act big and tough and say you whacker, you weenie, you doofus, when I joke about a siren need go act serious somewhere else, cause I and others are sick of it. If we want to have a conversation on sirens, we'll do just that. If we want to make a whole forum just for sirens, we'll do it. I don't think it's wrong for explorers/jrs to have a conversation on sirens. Is it? It's not as if that's all we care about?! Personally, I love firefighting to death. I'm always talking about different issues concerning firefighting and when I bring up the topic of sirens, I don't need to be bashed! There's a big difference between what people say about lights/sirens on here and how they actually act when responding. For the most part, none of you guys know anybody on here and how they respond. So chill out. All of you. And if someone talks about lights/sirens, you are always open to your opinion, but just don't come in, call them names and bust their chops.
    Joe

[This message has been edited by NRFR/explorer (edited July 22, 2000).]

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

RIGHT!!! LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!!!! WHATS A MATTER NO ONE EVER JOKES AROUND AT YOUR STATIONS!!??! AT LeAST YOU GUYS DONT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH A GUY WHO BELONGS TO THE SALVATION ARMY AND RESPONDS CODE 3WITH BLUE LIGHT,SIREN AND PA SYSTEM ON HIS BIKE!!!! WITH A LITTLE WAGON AND BATTERY ATTACHED TO THE BACK!!!HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO PUT UP WITH THAT EVERY RUN!! AND THE SAD THING IS HE IS JUST ABOUT AS FAST AS SOME OF THE FIRETRUCKS WITH THAT BIKE!!

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Junior EMS Responder
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"

mark440
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

So, engine58 when you get a drivers license are you gunna put the blue light and siren in your car?

HaHaHa

Mark

------------------
    If in doubt - Call us out

myfirehouse.net
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

In the state of PA, which is where I am from, no one but the top 4 officers is to have a siren. I agree with the law. Back in the day Juniors were allowed to have bluelight as long as they had a car, with a good lin number. We would contact the local police and check on things, but you were able to have a light. So it is okay, but you must remember you are all still juniors, and as a junior it is you job to try and learn as much as you can able a craft that is slowly dieing. The "art" of fire fighting. Not to go running blue lights. Our juniors had go through some very hard training before being allowed into the Senior company at age 18. And Even then you were taken under the wing of someone with some years to their name. It sounds hard but we have a rep of producing some of the best fireman and woman in the state.

Thank you
    Joe

------------------
    myfirehouse.net - Serving those who protect us!!

FIREGROZ
    Firehouse.com Guest

hey I have a siren on my bike and I am getting a set of bike patrol lights. I just have them mostly for those 3a.m. calls where I can't get my parents up (STUPID new 6 month permit law, THANK YOU PA LAW MAKERS). I ain't goin to get hit if I can help it!

------------------
    Mike G.
    Jr. FF Sta. 38

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Me first!!!!!
    This one is what, 10, 11 years old? LOL
    You're bad....

I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Me first!!!!!
    This one is what, 10, 11 years old? LOL
    Priceless!
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Thread Information