Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alarm Sounds

engine1321
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face Alarm Sounds

What does your dept.'s alarm sound like? Do you have a buzzer/bell or something else?

------------------
    Captain R.J. Stine
    XFD Post 29
    "The Fighting 29"

Tffstr16T
    Firehouse.com Guest

it makes nose it is made with the fine things man has made, oh and it is a siren, however you spell it.

jwd37
    Firehouse.com Guest

At the company I run with we have a siren at one station and a buzzer that sounds when our tones are hit.

Joe
    Dauphin County Company 37

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

In our dept, our tones are sounded at the firehouse.
    ------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"I FIGHT what you FEAR."

[This message has been edited by SCAFDEXP (edited August 26, 2000).]

westmead2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our department has a house siren on each end of our district and at our station that sounds when our tones are tripped, unless they trip only our pagers.

Dave "Junior" Marshall
    West Mead 2 VFD
    Meadville PA

engine1321
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool. We just let our tones go off. No bells, sirens, or buzzers. Bells and buzzers are used in the bay for the telephones.

------------------
    Captain R.J. Stine
    XFD Post 29
    "The Fighting 29"

11BrynAthyn355
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

We have a large siren on our roof which goes off 15 seconds after our tones drop (it needs to charge) and runs about a 1 minute cycle (used to be 4 minutes until the community complained). Also, in our lounge, we have a plectron hooked up which listens to all the tones and when ours are dropped, it comes on really loud. Plus we have our Minitor 2's and our Motorola Adivsor Gold Alpha-numeric pagers.

------------------
    -Rick R.
    -Bryn Athyn Fire Company and Ambulance
    -Station 11 and Squad 355 in Montgomery County, Pa
    -http://mov.to/BAFC

wannabe-EMT
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have two functions. Fire side has a gong, medic has a buzzer/klaxon. In addition, most members have Minitors.

Peace, and stay safe.

Justin Gershon
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

This post has been removed by the user.

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

OUr ems station has a bell that goes off and the call comes in over the pa system in the building. Its pretty cool but sometimes gets annoying when the test goes in cause it puts both our tones in General alarm and duty crew alarm. OUr fire station only has a siren but that goes off only if the dispatcher makes them go off or a box alarm is pulled. If they just put an alarm in our minitor 2's or 3's do the job just fine. Or there is the GOod ol Police scanner.

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Junior EMS Responder
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"

HFDPOST321
    Firehouse.com Guest

at our station, whichwas built in 1881 by the way, the gamewell system is still in place. for those of you not familiar with it, there is a paper tape and lots of the old silver bells all around the station. the gamewell system is usually used with the fire alram pull boxes. anyway, at the alarm board there are all the numbers and location of all the pull boxes. when headquarters punches in the boxnumber and they disptach the call, the bells will ring 3 times in the number of the box number (example, box 351 would sounds the bells 3 rings, then 5 rings, then 1 ring, and repeat 3 times) the tape as mentioned before will punch holes also with the box number. so before there was audible dispatching the driver would look at the number of punches in the tape andlook at th location on the alarm board. but to get to the point our station is alerted with the bells and when our tones are sounded the speakers open (get louder) and a buzzer sounds and the bells sound for a pull box alarm and the lights flash.

------------------
    Deputy Chief James Ulrich
    Hagerstown Fire Department Explorer Post 321

The opinions expressed here are my own and may not be those of my department.

Yellowengine
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

First set of tones:
    BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIII

Second set of tones:
    BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII III
    Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Just had ta be a smart *** guys... ha ha ha
    Take care and see ya later.

titorobfiregod
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

we get for sets of tones. set one hits our home plectrons and minotaurs (i dont know many people that still have plectrons-just my dad ) as far as i know sets 2 and 3 are just to sound cool. 4 hits our siren. then the 911 dispatcher types up and sends the call to our alpha pagers(the system is new in our county-we're workin on it)

------------------
    Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet!

Haligan125
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ok at EMS where I work it's just the tones over the radio. When I was living in the fire station, when I was at school, we had a gamewell system too, as well as pagers.

NFPDcadet
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

When the dispatchers set off our tones,
    The loudspeakers all key up and you hear a

beeeeeeee booooooo

then the dispatcher comes over the
    loud speaker and says "Emergency Response"
    and then they give the type of emergency and
    the address... The tones are also set off
    on the duty guys minitors and we are out the
    door.... We dont have any bells or gongs or
    sirens.... Just our good ole loudspeakers
    which i like better than anything because it
    is louder and easier to wake up to compared
    to a bell, siren, gong, or anything like
    that when your in a deep sleep.... and
    speaking of our tones, They just went off so
    I better head out.... LATER GUYS...stay
    safe and have fun!!!

nfd20
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

When a call goes out there is a loud beep that goes over the radio, and at each indivdual station that is being toned out, a bell is sounded (brass hits) then the call is read over a loud speaker and over the air by the dispatcher...

------------------
    First In, Last Out; Never Leave a man Behind!

Fireboy33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

In our city at all 5 stations we have Zetron paging systems we still use the old Plectron system sometimes but no bells or wishles just a short tone for the whole station. Liked the plectron better every unit for every station had seperate LOUD tone. you could tell who was who before dispatch advised now the zetron is just the same tone can't tell who is being banged out...

Ray
    Pembroke Pines, FL

HFDExplorChief
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have the gamewell system in place at all 6 of our stations. If it is a call for the Engine for Example the bell will ring once and simotaniously the lights go on then the tone drops, but if they "Fill out the assignment" (Send more than one company ex. alarms in the building) the bell will ding 2 times then the tone will drop. hope this answers your question!

basher1
    Firehouse.com Guest

we use to have a tone out untill this mounth when we got a station paging system. The dispatcher still comes on and gives you info but it takes alot less time that was the reason for the switch.

URSULAFORHAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

On my department we usually just have the tones,though 15-20 years ago there used to be a siren on the roof that went off ot all hours. The neighboring district where I go to shcool has a "noon whistle" that I rely on to tell me when to pack up and move out for lunch.

Althea,14
    Plyhaven,ca

Thread Information