Thread: Age limit

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool Age limit

Does your Fire Department of an age restriction for those who wish to become an explorer\ Fire Cadet??>

scafd417
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our Post starts at 14-18 exceptions havebeen made such as 13 only to observe(insurance reasons)
    Any other questions feel free to contact me I was a explorer Five years (13-18)and am the lead advisor for the last 8 yrs

Lt. David J. Plumb
    Lead Advisor
    Swarzt Creek Area Fire Dept.
    S.C. Mich

Brian Dunlap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our Company is 14 to actually become a Jr. F.F. but you must wait until 16 to actually be allowed to ride on equipment and only then on the utility truck until becoming a full member at 18 if we don't have a waiting list which usually we don't...

jwd37
    Firehouse.com Guest

Where I was an explorer you had to be 14. To become a Junior you have to be 16.

Joe
    Company 37

holton_explorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Accouring to the national rules of the explorer, you have to 14 or completed the eight grade and no older than 21 that's the age range for any explorer

------------------
    Adam Pletcher
    Explorer
    Holton Fire Department

Troy Haskett
    Firehouse.com Guest

When I started out as a cadet / explorer, we had to be at least 14, and carry a C average in school or we were dismissed until the next grade period, if it was not brought up we were dismissed for 1yr..

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

In Order to be considered a cadet on our first aid squad you must be 15 1/2 years old and all you are able to do is hang out at the building,go to parades,etc...But in Order to be able to ride on a call you must be 16 years of age. When you are a associate cadet at 15 1/2 you take your CPR and Basic Life Support Class. But when you turn 16 we send the cadet for his/her EMT Class.

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Junior EMS Responder
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"

Firefighter2197
    Firehouse.com Guest

in my dept. you have to be 16 yrs old bwefore you are even considered
    but i used to hangout before then when my fathers are down there
    that was haw we got around that rule
    and one of the future cadats is doing that also
    KEEP IT FUN AND KEEP IT SAFE

westmead2
    Firehouse.com Guest

In my Dept. at 14 you can join but only do grunt work ( rolling hose, coffee wagon ect) and your hours are restricted to 7 am to 7 pm. At 16 you can actually fight fire but only outside, you can take your EMT course and run on EMS calls, and your hours are much more flexible. All ages can ride on the engine, have gear, minitor, ect.

Dave "Junior" Marshall
    West Mead 2 VFD
    Meadville PA

[This message has been edited by westmead2 (edited July 19, 2000).]

peanut486
    Firehouse.com Guest

at our station, juniors have to be at least 16 yrs old, hold a C average in school, and have all the required classes before being able to run calls. and also have to be voted in by a majority of the active membership....

squad 1335
    Firehouse.com Guest

to be an explorer in our dep. you must be in or clompleted the 8th grade and be 16 to enroll in are post.

JACOB STARCHER
    XENIA FIRE CADETS COMPNEY#29

Temporarily/No Longer Active
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

In my dept. the age limit is 13 - 18.

Forum Member

15-18 at my dept, and thats basically it.

Forum Member

Our minimum age is 13.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

In Westville, to become a Jr. firefighter you have to be 15 years old. You can ride the trucks the day after you are voted in. You will be a Jr. between 15-18 years old
    Rob aka Squinty

The Fighting Seventy-Third

Westville Fire Department
    Gloucester County
    New Jersey

Our Company is 15 to actually become a Jr. F.F. but no calls till 16 exceth if you joined befor 1/1/01 then you can join @ 14 adn rid as soon as you get gear
    When you walk through the fire you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze PRAY FOR THE FALLEN

To All the Jr's Good luk n be safe

The previous comments are myn and have nothing to do with the department I represent
    LMTVFC

Thread Information