TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking Ride Along Curse

Have you often found that when your ride with your department it may of been super bisy the dsy before but once you get there it's slow, Then once you leave it's busy again, Hvae you fallen victim to the ride along curse?.

Proudly serving the Gem City of the Foothills for over 91 years the Monrovia Fire Department.

squad 1335
    Firehouse.com Guest

yes this has happend to me meney times before when rideing with a shift that i uesed to ride with all the time.but then agean i have been riding to where ive got home late because we were hit hard with ems
    calls.if you need aney more help with this topic let me know ill do what i can.

JACOB STARCHER
    XENIA FIRE CADETS COMPNEY#29

the fighting 29

EMTJOHN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

It even has a name....Third Rider syndrome

speded750
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

YES AND I HATE IT, i was riding with 135 truck in brooklyn we didnt get one run, i left and 10 minutes later they were the second due truck at a second alarm row of taxpayers. it gets frustrating. But then again i rode with rescue 3 up in the bronx and we were in quaters twice in a 7 hr period, just goin to workin fire after workin fire, It depends if there is a "white CLoud" or a "black Cloud" that day.
    KEEP IT REAL, AND KEEP IT SAFE
    ED

engine1321
    Firehouse.com Guest

This has happened many times. By the way squad 1335, learn how to spell.

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I made a recent visit to the City of Alhambra Fire Department Station 71 was assingedf to Engine 71 they average seven runs per shift when I was there we only rolloed out twice, Once I left they were rolling all night long. All though do have a theory what happens when you ride along with a slow station, Do they become busy?. BVecasue all the other stations were and Stastion 71 was slow.

Proudly serving the Gem City of the Foothills for over 91 years the Monrovia Fire Department.

Thread Information