ryan_szekeres
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question New to Explorers.

My sister and I are going to our first Explorer meeting on the 13th. What should we expect when we go? We're pretty nervous and I'm doubly nervous because I'm at the upper age limit.

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Ryan:
    I assume you are nervous because you think there will be alot of things you don't know. That is true, but only for a short time. All of the guys(and gals) are going to be really cool. You will learn alot. You will also have a ton of fun. Exploring/Junior FireFighting programs are really great. You will most likely learn with your explorer group as well as with the senior firefighters. You will learn what the duties of a firefighter are and how he/she carries them out. All in all, it will be an experience that you will look forward to going to everytime you meet. I hope I have helped you out. If you have any other questions, don;t hesitate to e-mail me at fireguynick@aol.com .

------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

HFDPOST321
    Firehouse.com Guest

you shouldn't be nervous. my first post meeting i was kinda nervous but they accept you and you become like family. you will make new friends and learn many things. it may seem confusing at first but you will get the hang of things eventually. when you go they will usually just go over buisness and maybe give you an overview of what they do and who the people are. ask any questions if you have any, don't hesitate, you will be around these people alot and should get to know them. don't worry about the age limit also ryan, i'm sure you and your sister will fit in fine. let me know how it goes and if you need anything email me at Fire321fighter@aol.com

------------------
    Deputy Chief James Ulrich
    Hagerstown Fire Department Explorer Post 321

The opinions expressed here are my own and may not be those of my department.

Thread Information