Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HFDPOST321
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile Humerous Dispatches/Calls

hey everyone. i know this topic is already on the fire wire page, but i thought it might be interesting to hear what calls or dispatches the explorers and junior firefighters have heard or the calls they have been on. anything that is out of the ordinary would be great. i figure explorers and juniors probably get some of the stranger calls... perhaps getting a bat out of a lady's house? or something else that everyone can get a good laugh from. feel free to post what you wish. stay safe.

------------------
    Deputy Chief James Ulrich
    Hagerstown Fire Department Explorer Post 321

The opinions expressed here are my own and may not be those of my department.

klingerjr33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Last year my department was dispatched for a vechicle fire well we went to second tap and on the second dispatch it said:

Station 33,
    Park St. and Walnut St.
    Honey Brook Boro,
    A working mopead,
    Box 3301

Sounded pretty strange at the time anyway.

Robert A. Klinger, Jr.
    JR. FIREFIGHTER

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Once got dispatched to the city jail for a person with "hand injury", It wound up being the perso had a samll cut, The Engine along with Medics had been dispatched but we sent the medics. On scene the medics told the baliffs to simply but a band aid on it. 6 months training as a Paramedic and all they tell me to do is put a band aid on it.

holton_explorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well the werids I had was one were we got dispatched on a MED 1 CVA except when we got there, with lights and sirens on, this inscane guy came up to be and said: Ok I have two suit cases and a six pack I need put into the back of that rig. And this gut was serious, we were just about to leave we found out he was insane and there really was a vitium

------------------
    Adam Pletcher
    Explorer
    Holton Fire Department

greendrum872
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

For a toe stuck under your standard household door.

evfdjf
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

One night our department was dispatched for a women who can see a very large fire from her house. Well we all responded to her house but could see no fire, as it turns out she was an older lady, and the moon was an orange color that night. She saw it just coming up over the mountain and thought the hill was on fire. OH WELL

APG1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

*BEEP BEEP* *BEEEEEEP*

"Attention Firefighters, attention firefighters. You have a structure fire. You have a structure fire. 503 N. Mattis. 503 N. Mattis. Caller states latrine on fire at construction site. Lower half of structure reported fully engulfed. Respond code 3. Respond code 3."

*BEEEEEP*

Enough said.

JustEMT
    Firehouse.com Guest

I work as an EMT for an ambulance company in Orange County California. Lots of weird stuff happens here. Recently there was a bank robbery followed by a chase of the suspects. The chase ended in a TC. The robbery suspects had to be extricated from their vehicle. While the firefighters were performing the extrication the police officers were standing by with guns pointed at the wreckage. Like the guys were going anywhere.

------------------

CTFDExplorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Recently our Dept. and one of oour Mutual Aid Dept's. were dispatched on an extrication from machinery. When we arrived on scene we fount a child with his hand stuck in a gumball machine. We proceded to "Extircate" him from the gumball machine.

Also we responded to a report of a structure fire at a local motorcycle shop named "Johnny Bad ***" Motorcycles, we'll our god fearing dispatcher gives the bussiness name as "Johnny Bad Butt" instead, needless to say when we set up the ICS we had to call it "Bad ***" Command.

wlfdtr12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

On more than one occassion we have been dispatched to the fire/police safety complex for smoke coming from the dispatch console. The dispatcher even got to declare a situation under control on himself. It was pretty funny. Another time we had a car fire that was going pretty well. A bystander came by to watch us go to work. He stood right by the police officer in his cruiser. Well, little did the guy know that there was a warrant out for his arrest and the officer recognized him from the warrant sheet and took him in. Talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time for that guy.

Anthony D. Ruggiero
    Explorer Captain/MRT-D
    Windsor Locks Fire Department Exp. Post 50
    Windsor Locks, CT

URSULAFORHAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

This happened before I joined up with our department,but is still repeated from time to time.
    Peninsula Fire respond,Medical aid,don't- remember-where.
    turns out this kid was playing with toenail clippers and cut the tip of his tongue off.I was quite embarrased when I found out he had gone to the same school a couple years ago.
    Althea,14
    Plyhaven,CA

Tristin
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

once my fire department was responding to a sherrif assist they needed a ladder so when we got there we took out out attic lader walked to the door and there was a guy that i know from school standing in handcuffs we a firefighter went up on the ladder looking for alchol so when hes up there he says he found it and then all we heard was ohh **** he had just pulled up the insulation to find 9 cases of hard alcohol

------------------
    Tristin
    Orcutt Fire Department
    Explorer post 2335

HFDPOST321
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

the replys i've gotten so far are good, but we can do better than 10 or 11!!! come on, you know there is that one call that just seemed a little weird, or when yor chief accidently said something wrong on the air. there has to be something that you guys want to share. lets heat them all!!!

------------------
    Deputy Chief James Ulrich
    Hagerstown Fire Department Explorer Post 321

The opinions expressed here are my own and may not be those of my department.

NJOUTLAW6
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I think the funnest one was:

TONES: Attention all members of the South amboy Fire Dept. You have a Report of a Sturcture Fire 500 block of John; / Well when we got there it was a structure but not a house garage or building,,this a small little backyard barbecue on fire... I guess the Person who called city hall dispatch though it was a house... Error on Someones part,,

------------------
    Thomas Parsons
    South Amboy Fire Dept.
    Eng.6
    "OUTLAWS"

URSULAFORHAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Not exactly a call but still pretty funny.
    One night when heading back from the vollenteers' metting in the engine, the guys hit a skunk. The cab was full and we had one in the jump seat.
    The following radio traffic is as follows:
    Jen o you smell that?!
    Sam:Oh,god!we hit a skunk!
    Lev:Skunk? where? I don't smell any thing.
    Sam:How can you not smell it?!
    Moi:Riding in the jump his nostrils musta' froze!

It took a while to hose the engine down that night.

Althea,14
    Plyhaven,CA

Tristin
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

that last post reminded me of something we had at our post one of the members went on a house fire they started to put it out but someone went into the garage and it was full of 1 gallon jugs of **** the guy was working out of his garage and was to lazy to go inside to take a **** so the explorer lugged all of these jugs out of the garage and in the process he spilt about a gallon of **** on his bunkers and himself our station smelld terrible for about a week

------------------
    Tristin
    Orcutt Fire Department
    Explorer post 2335

RescueJay
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

My company is part of a special operations team that goes anywhere in the township or county if needed. We were hanging out at the firehouse one day and over the scanner we heard one of our neighboring depts. respond to a building collapse. So of course we all ran to the engine room and waited for the printout. It was at PetSmart. Well when we got there i looked at the building and it looked to be in tact. However when i got inside there was a whole wall of dog food on the floor. We spent 3 hours that day cleaning it up. It was the strangest call ive ever been on.

Explorer J.Manes
    Colonia Vol.Fire Dept.
    Colonia N.J.

Rescue7jr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Well we were all watching the late night tv show on the box.. Laughing and having a good time drinkin our soda..sorry but cant remember the location. the tones came in.. For:
    Car 4
    Engine 1
    Truck 1
    Medic 1
    Rescue 7
    Squad 8
    Your responding to the corner or cross and dont cross for the reported 3 car MVA With injurys.

Rescue 7 respond with 4.
    Dispatch Roger Rescue 7 responding w/4.. Beadvised caller back states 1 patient ejaculated from vehical.
    Rescue 7 Hahahaha ya Roger Fire Dispatch
    Car 4 reponding....
    Roger
    Truck 1 Responding....
    Roger
    Engine 1 responding...
    Roger
    Medic 1 responding...
    Roger
    Squad 8 responding...
    Roger
    Rescue7 to fire dispatch
    were on scene
    roger
    R-7 to medic 1 and fire dispatch we have 4 injurys 1 pt. ejected from vehical
    3 pt. with sevre trauma. starting extraction for 2 pt.
    rescue7 to fire dispatch Requesting 3 additional ALS units
    Dispatch Roger rescue 7

This i thought was very funny when i heard the call come in..
    So anyways i tried to remember the whole call..

------------------
    Jr. FF/EMT-B Matt Nolan North Farms Vol. FD
    Wallingford, Ct

Nozzleman 84
    Firehouse.com Guest

There are a couple calls that I remember that cracked me up at the time. One of them was a few years ago in the winter time, Denver Fire got dispatched for a dive recovery. During the tones the dispatcher was cracking up and said that a guy proposing to his girlfriend in a boat dropped the ring in the lake.
    Another was a few years ago and it was a PD call for an armed robbery at Dairy Queen. Well there are two Dairy Queens that share the same street name and close to the same numbers. Well ironicaly there was a 9-11 hang up from the other one, so on someones error they diverted the units to the 9-11 hang up asumeing the first report was a faulse address. Upon arrival the officers found a bunch of suprised employee's and no robbery. So after much confusion they responded back to the correct Dairy Queen and found the workers spread eagal in the back of the store still counting to a thousand.

------------------
    Real Heros Wear SCBAs Not Capes

CFD Explorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

APG1 what dept are you on? When did this happen?

Thread Information