Thread: First day

Metheny92
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking First day

Explorers,
    What was your first day like?Did you have fun were you scared i know i was.

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

First time I met w/ my explorer group, I was scared as Hell. Didn't know what I was going to run into or what to expect. Didn't know what the people would be like. But now that I have been on for nearly a year, we are a really close knit bunch of guys, and to tell you the truth, I don't know what my life would be like without my explorer post. There a group of some of the finest people I have ever met, and I would not trade the experience for anything.

------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

klingerjr33
    Firehouse.com Guest

I GREW UP AROUND THE FIRE HOUSE SO BEING WITH THE "GUYS" DIDN'T REALLY BOTHER ME.
    I WILL TELL YA THOUGH MY FIRST CALL WAS THE SCAREST ONE I'VE EVER BEEN ON. NOW THAT I LOOK BACK I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS BUT I THINK IT WAS GETTING USE TO NOT WATCHING AND ACUALLY DOING. WELL I'M NOT AS SCARED ANYMORE AND I'M GLAD I JION I WOULD TRADE THE EXPERIANCE OR FRIENDS FOR ANYTHING!!!

ROBERT A. KLINGER, JR.
    JUNIOR FIREFIGHTER

KEEP IT SAFE EVERYONE

Neptune 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm the same as klingerjr33, both my father and grandfather are firefighters, so I kind of was born into the firefighting atmosphere (you know, the waking up at 3am, missing social events, etc) but I agree, my first call was scary. I was only a member for 2 days and we had a structure fire, I was afraid I would screw up, but of course it eventually ends, and you figure out, hey that was neat! It doesn't matter where you come from, as long as you love being a firefighter, you'll get along with everyone!

------------------
    Neptune 33

NJOUTLAW6
    Firehouse.com Guest

Arrow

I would have to agree with Robert. I grew up hanging around the firehouse, but when i hit my first call i knew excatly what to do because you keep it cool and collective. As long as you stick by your friends and follow the example that the older post members set then everything should go just great.

wlfdtr12
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

I'm a fourth generation firefighter, so I practically lived at the firehouse as a kid. Most of the guys are practically family, if not literally-it's a small town. The first month I was on, we had three structure fires, each about a week after eachother. They were all accidental. I was nervous at my first fire though. I've helped out on scene tons of times before I officially got on, but this time it was different. However, since then I've never been nervous at a fire scene. Now it's like second nature and you just go with the flow. It's gotten a lot easier and the guys respect me a lot more.

Anthony D. Ruggiero
    Explorer Captain/EMT-B
    Windsor Locks Fire Dept. Exp. Post 50
    Windsor Locks,CT

Tristin
    Firehouse.com Guest

me on my first call i had been in the post for about a year and me and anouther explorer were in the back of the bay and then the buzer went off and i jumped about 6 inches it wasnt my fault though someone had turned off the radio speakers in the bay so it was perfictly quiet untill that buzzser started going now that is a rush

Thread Information