Firefighter2197
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question how is any one other then cheif officers allowed to run seirns

how is any one other then a cheif allowed to run a audabile warning systen
    in my state that is called impercting a police officer
    keep it fun and keep it safe

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well...to put it plain and simple, laws vary from state to state. Some states allow Volunteers to run with only lights. Some allow for lights and sirens, and some do not allow either. Just depends on the state and it's laws.

------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

RDWFIRE
    Firehouse.com Guest

F/F2197, is the chief's vehicle an emergency vehicle or a personal vehile? Assuming (I hate that word ) the chief is driving his or her own vehicle, I know laws vary from state to state, but here in Alaska, and in California where I worked prior to Alaska, only EMERGENCY vehicles may run sirens. In Alaska (where most fire departments are volunteer, no volunteer personal vehicles may use anything other than a blue light. Chief or rookie.

Be safe. The dragon lurks!!!

SCAFDEXP
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well, in my state(Michigan) and in many other states, the definition of an authorized emergency vehicle is any vehicle that carries a police officer, firefighter, or any other emergency personnel while performing their duties, and are allowed to run w/ lights & sirens under the auspices of their department.

------------------
    Nick Funk
    Explorer
    Swartz Creek Area Fire Dept.
    Post 41

"FireFighters Walk Where The Devil Dances."

Firefighter2197
    Firehouse.com Guest

both
    the cheif has a dept supplied chevy tahoe
    my dad a assn. cheif runs a serin and red light in his p.o.v.

firefighter15_wv
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

First of all, learn to spell "impersonating", sorry, but i had to say that. Second of all, i don't know the law in your state, but in mine,(i'm not 100% sure on the exact law, but i do know it is perfectly legal) any firefighter over the age of 18 is eligible for an emergency vehicle permit. When you get this permit from your dept., you can run lights and siren, but the thing is, you can't run either/or. It has to be both.

Firefighter2197
    Firehouse.com Guest

sorry but I dont type all that well
    and i am from north carolina

NJOUTLAW6
    Firehouse.com Guest

We don't have to worry about the lights or sirens. My company's truck has whats called the Sequencal System. When u hit one certain button all lights turn on or off one by one. The sirens can be ran by the driver or by the officer of the Engine. We have a eight man cab.

------------------
    Thomas Parsons
    South Amboy Fire Dept.
    Eng.6
    "OUTLAWS"

speded750
    Firehouse.com Guest

in my dept. in ny. only emergency vehicles are permitted tro utilize sirens. Emergency vehicles are ones that utilize red lights. Vollunteer ff's have blue lights and are therefore not permitted to operate a siren. Electronic are horns however are a different story.
    stay safe.ed

------------------
    *****SQUAD 2- UNIONDALE****THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS_____SOUTHERN COMFORT_______HE AINT HEAVY HES MY BROTHER

Thread Information